[QPKG] sherpa: a mini-package-manager (CLI) beta

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
OneCD
Guru

Re: [SCRIPT] Sherpa

Post by OneCD »

No, I'd recommend uninstalling Entware-ng manually, then using Sherpa to install Entware-3x so that all the additional utilities required by SAB are installed too.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Iceman24
Getting the hang of things

Post by Iceman24 »

Okay, thanks. Last question regarding GIT. I see it updated it as I checked version through Putty, but in the App Center, it shows 2.1.0. Looking at QPKG folder, it appears untouched. So can I uninstall that GIT or am I seeing this wrong?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Yes, you can uninstall the Git QPKG. The one you were seeing via PuTTY was probably the one installed via Entware-ng. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
lukeweb1
Starting out

Post by lukeweb1 »

This new script worked a treat on my new TVS-873 to install SABnzbd and CouchPotato. I did an upgrade from the old SABnzbd script we were using before and it all went well, didn't loose the config of SABnzbd. Thanks OneCD :-)
Cheers, Luke

**Hardware:** QNAP TVS-873, w/ 2 x 8TB Seagate Archive HDD's & 4 x 8TB WD RED HDD's (managing over 30TB of video).
**QPKG's:** Transmission, SABnzbd, Jackett, Radarr, Sonarr, Plex, Git, Optware, Qmono & Python.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

No worries @lukeweb1. :D

Hoping to find some time to work on the backup/reinstall ability for SickRage and CouchPotato, but I've begun preparations for a long road-trip around Australia (around 17,500km), so my contributions will be sporadic for a while.

dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

OneCD wrote:No worries @lukeweb1. :D

Hoping to find some time to work on the backup/reinstall ability for SickRage and CouchPotato, but I've begun preparations for a long road-trip around Australia (around 17,500km), so my contributions will be sporadic for a while.
Be safe and have a great time, @OneCD That sounds like quite the adventure :)
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Thanks Dirk, certainly hope so! ;)

dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

OneCD wrote:Thanks Dirk, certainly hope so! ;)
Are Drop-Bear jokes too much? ;)
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

I think drop-bears ARE the joke. :DD

dirkonline
Easy as a breeze

Post by dirkonline »

OneCD wrote:I think drop-bears ARE the joke. :DD
Touché ;)
Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

I'm going to upgrade to QTS 4.3 soon. I'm trying to figure out how to keep CouchPotato working. I'll need to reinstall to get 64 bit version. I'm assuming this installer must use the 64 bit version if I have QTS 4.3. To perform a reinstall. I will uninstall manually, then install fresh, then add back my settings file? Is that all I would need to do to restore it back the way it was?
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

I haven't performed a CP backup/restore in quite a while (and that was on Ubuntu Server), so I'm a little rusty on the requirements. I seem to remember CP also has a .db file that will need to be saved.

It may be as simple as saving the config directory somewhere else before you uninstall CP.

If you get it to work, please post what needs to be done. :D
Last edited by OneCD on Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

Hmmm.. I'm not feeling that adventurous as I was with getting Sabnzbd's yEnc going last year. lol

I can save and restore files, but don't know whether or not that would work. Info I can find is not that clear on things.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

No worries, I'll check it out when I get a chance.

Iceman24

Post by Iceman24 »

Or is there the 64 bit version QPKG that I can install over the top of the one I have now?

Return to “Community Apps”