SortMyQPKGs is an automated sorter for installed QPKGs to ensure they launch in correct sequence when your NAS next powers-up.
There are a few known packages that need to launch sequentially (example: Qmono before QSonarr) but due to flaws in QNAP's package registration process, this may not occur.
This package will automatically ensure the launch-order of your other QPKGs is correct.
Every QPKG will fit into one of three possible groups:
- ALPHA - must be launched before other packages, and in a specific order (these are high-level apps like command interpreters, virtual environments and the like),
- UNSPECIFIED - the majority of QPKGs out there that are not explicitly named, but should be launched after ALPHA and before OMEGA packages,
- OMEGA - packages that should be launched after everything else, and in a specific order. These are generally dependent on some other package.
This package was initially suggested by @father_mande & @zyxmon in this thread, and is thanks to the research efforts of @zyxmon, @father_mande, myself and many other QNAP community members. Thank you to all who have contributed with feedback and suggestions.
How to install
- It’s available in the Qnapclub Store!
- Click here to find out how to add the Qnapclub Store as an App Center repository in QTS.
- When installed, there's not much to see. Find the package icon and click the 'Open' button to display the current log file - any changes made to your package order will be shown here. Sorting is automatically performed during each NAS shutdown - not when you view the log.
- The log is viewable via your web browser but is not a real web document, so it can change without your browser noticing. Whenever viewing the log, ensure you force a page refresh: CTRL+F5.
- The current internal order preference list can be viewed with:
Code: Select all
- The source for this project can be found on GitHub.