[QPKG] SortMyQPKGs

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
Trexx
Ask me anything

Re: [QPKG] SortMyQPKGs

Post by Trexx »

Hey OneCD.. just an FYI Virtual Station QPKG has been renamed from QVS to QKVM. Just wanted to let you know so you can adjust the Alpha list :)

Take care,
T.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Will do, thanks Paul. 👍

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Trexx wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:54 am Hey OneCD.. just an FYI Virtual Station QPKG has been renamed from QVS to QKVM. Just wanted to let you know so you can adjust the Alpha list :)
Hi Paul, I'm trying to confirm that new internal package name, but have been unable to do so. Can you help?

The QNAP App Center website for apps compatible with QTS 4.5.1 shows the latest Virtualization Station is still called QVS as per one of the arch-specific filenames: QVS_3.5.3_20201016_x86_64.zip

What is the package version you're running where it is called QKVM?

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

Here is the qpkg info from the 3.5.3 VS version.

Code: Select all

[QKVM]
Name = QKVM
Class = null
Status = complete
Display_Name = Virtualization Station
Version = 3.5.3
QPKG_File = QKVM.qpkg
Date = 2020-10-28
Shell = /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QKVM/qvsd.sh
Install_Path = /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QKVM
Private_Config = /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/.QKVM
WebUI = /qvs/
Author = QNAP Systems, Inc.
Desktop = 1
Timeout = 90,1440
Volume_Select = 1
QVS_Web = /QVS/qvs
Web_Port = -1
Web_SSL_Port = -1
Enable = TRUE
App_ID = A242
QVS_Status = STARTED
Win_Min_Width = 1170
Win_Min_Height = 600
FW_Ver_Max = 4.6.0
FW_Ver_Min = 4.5.1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Yup, looks right to me. Cheers! :geek:

hg64off
Starting out

Post by hg64off »

Hello,
From about 6 monthes / one year now, QTS doesn't accept unsigned apps. So i can't instal sortmyQPKGs updates anymore because app isn't signed. Do you plan to sign your app in a next future ??
thx
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

I plan to sign my apps just as soon as QNAP disclose how to do this. ;)

Last I heard, QNAP are planning to allow devs to sign their packages in the upcoming QTS 4.5.3 release.

You can already allow unsigned apps to be installed and run in your NAS. There’s a setting in the App Centre for this.

If you’re having trouble updating from the Qnapclub repo, please contact the website admin and advise him.

hg64off
Starting out

Post by hg64off »

it's weird. i've a lot of other apps from the qnapclubrepo and they are all signed. So the procedure may be documented.
i've tried to allow unsigned app and have been able to install it but some time later i get an error telling me app app isn't signed and it has been stopped.
it's not a big deal so i'll wait.
thx
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

hg64off wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:07 pm it's weird. i've a lot of other apps from the qnapclubrepo and they are all signed. So the procedure may be documented.
No, it's because QNAP (with wonderful short-sightedness) introduced the wrong method for "signing" packages. viewtopic.php?p=784767#p784767

Frankly, QNAP's assumption their own packages are safe and it's everyone else's that people should be wary-of makes me laugh. :roll:

My support ticket (Q-201909-29764) asking for QPKG signing instructions has been open since September 2019. It became clear to me after being told repeatedly "the QNAP devs are working on it..." QNAP hadn't considered how the signing process should work before deciding it was the solution to the problem of their OS being hacked.

hg64off
Starting out

Post by hg64off »

No, it's because QNAP (with wonderful short-sightedness) introduced the wrong method for "signing" packages. viewtopic.php?p=784767#p784767
Ok but in this case how other devs can sign their apps ?? :?:
Certificate seems to be provided by QNAPCLUBREPO
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

hg64off wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:51 pm Ok but in this case how other devs can sign their apps ?? :?:
Certificate seems to be provided by QNAPCLUBREPO
Other devs are not: the Qnapclub is (as I explained in the post I linked-to earlier). Perhaps you should be asking QNAP about this? I don't have all the answers, and I'm not in-charge of the package signing process. I'm just someone who has waited (rather patiently) for quite a while for QNAP to tell me how they expect QPKGs signed. They have failed to do-so. I have no more information for you.

hg64off
Starting out

Post by hg64off »

Ok. There are no concerns or complaints from me. I was just trying to figure out the reason and thought you might have missed something. I will wait for it to happen when it does.
No problem.
Have a good day :wink:
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Oops, just noticed SortMyQPKGs is no-longer performing the actual sorting of packages anymore.

This is now issue #12, and I'll work on fixing it shortly.

Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

so i disable it until it gets fixed ya? :(
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Moogle Stiltzkin wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:46 am so i disable it until it gets fixed ya? :(
No-need to disable it. It's just not reshuffling the package blocks. Not harmful, but not helpful either. ;)

Return to “Community Apps”