[ Deluge Torrent ] [ 2.0.3 ] Lightweight, Free Software, cross-platform BitTorrent client

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze

Re: [ Deluge Torrent ] [ 1.3.15.1 ] Lightweight, Free Software, cross-platform BitTorrent client

Post by Gryzor »

Ah so the only version I can see is the one in the App Center, right?
.:.
QNAP TS-251-4G / 4.3.2.0026
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: [ Deluge Torrent ] [ 1.3.15.1 ] Lightweight, Free Software, cross-platform BitTorrent client

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

yes it is
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
peelos
Been there, done that

Post by peelos »

Unfortunately not getting on with this package at all, apart from the disconnects from the Daemon when adding a torrent, I am have issues with changes to configuration files both via the webgui and the .conf files directly not persisting or being overwritten.

I noticed that stopping from the App center and via

Code: Select all

./Deluge.sh stop
does not kill the "deluge-web" process - perhaps this could be causing the locking of .conf files?
NAS: TVS-1282-i7-7700-40G / 4 x 500GB SSD 2.5" RAID 10 / 2 x 500GB M.2 SSD / 8 x 12TB WD Whites 3.5" RAID 6 / Noctua L9x65 / 3 x 80mm PWM Noctua fans / Corsair 600W PSU / Asus Turbo GTX 1060 6GB GPU
Software: Plex Media Server / Transmission / Sonarr / Radarr / Bazarr / Jackett / Tautulli / Home Assistant / Resilio Sync / Python / NetData / SortMyQPKGs
pfSense Firewall / OpenVPN Server: QOTOM Fanless Mini PC / Core i5 / 8GB RAM / 128GB SSD / 4 Gigabit NICs / AES-NI
Wireless Routers: 2 x Netgear AC1900 R7000 Nighthawk / 1 x Netgear AC3200 R8000 Nighthawk / FreshTomato Firmware
Janso
Starting out

Post by Janso »

I'm still unable to get the WebUI plugin working.

I'm trying to integrate with sonarr and not sure how essential WebUI is to that, but irrelevant - I've tried rebooting the NAS as suggested earlier in the thread but I'm still not able to enable it and for it to stay enabled. I've installed the egg file Stephane uploaded to do this, by the way.
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze

Post by Gryzor »

On my box, the integration with Sonarr was flawless. The default values worked fine:

Localhost:8112, URL Base: /, and your password.

That said, Sonarr just now fetched a torrent but it can't sent it to Deluge even though both the daemon and the WebUI *are* running (I have it open in another tab!).

However, I think that Sonarr does go through the WebUI since from what I understand it's the webui that listens to that port?
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze

Post by Gryzor »

After quite a bit of use, I'm very happy with this app :)

Only gripe: Indeed, I'm experiencing frequent daemon stops. It's not only when I add a torrent (this rarely happens), but very often if I go to check my queue status I'll find that the daemon has died... Is there a way to diagnose this?
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

No idea
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gibxxi
Know my way around

Post by gibxxi »

It's a bug that was present in earlier versions of Deluge, The daemon dies on the Entware version just as frequently as this package, so it's a Deluge issue, not something that Stephane has done in packaging it up.

Check out the forums for Deluge and you'll see it's been flagged up. On Entware, I had it working up until 1.3.12. Every version since has produced the same issue. Add some torrents, or re-add some old ones with already downloaded data (with some trickery) and it will work fine for a time, and then the daemon just dies. I'm making a stab-in-the-dark here but I wouldn't mind betting it's memory usage related.
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"
NAS1: QNAP TS453-Pro (8GB, 4x4TB WD-Red), NAS2: QNAP TS453-Mini (8GB, 4x2TB WD-Red).
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze

Post by Gryzor »

A-ha. Thanks for the heads up. So all we've got to do is for an update fix :)
Trexx
Ask me anything

Post by Trexx »

I ended up running mine within a container that also includes openvpn with Deluge.

Took a little bit to get working, but seems to have held up well so far. https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-delugevpn/

Just another option. Works fine with my Sonar/etc. installs. Just be careful on volume permissions/etc.

Would recommend following this guide for base Container Station usage as well: https://www.linuxserver.io/2017/09/17/h ... s-on-qnap/
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.5.3.x
QTS (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 1TB WD Blue m.2's
Data (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar
VMs (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x1TB SK Hynix Gold
Ext. (HDD): TR-004 [Raid-5] 4 x 4TB HGST Ultastor
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4-2666
UPS: CP AVR1350

Model:TVS-673 32GB & TS-228a Offline[/color]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze

Post by Gryzor »

A very interesting solution, and I may try it just for the heck of it, but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble... :( Back to Transmission for now; less features, but works out of the box.
gibxxi
Know my way around

Post by gibxxi »

I may bite the bullet and go to qBittorrent for the time being. I hardly ever do torrents anyway, aside from sharing the entire modarchive.org catalogue, among a few other freebie bits & bobs. I won't do torrents at all however, without proxy support, (just in case) and that pretty much rules out Transmission.

As a former uTorrent user (the 2.2.1 era) I like the look of qBittorrent, but also like to have an app that I can run on the desktop as a native Windows app without having to use a web browser. Transmission can do this (via Transmission Remote) and Deluge via the local client install, but nothing like that exists for qBittorrent to my knowledge (as yet). Feel free to correct my ignorance if I'm wrong.

;)

EDIT: The other reason being, it's the only other client (aside from Transmission) natively supported by Headphones - That is, until Lidarr gets a stable release (For which I can't wait). Link: here.
NAS1: QNAP TS453-Pro (8GB, 4x4TB WD-Red), NAS2: QNAP TS453-Mini (8GB, 4x2TB WD-Red).
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze

Post by Gryzor »

Ooh you do the modarchive? Respect - and thanks for providing it!!! :)

Is there a package for qBittorent? Hadn't noticed to tell you the truth...
gibxxi
Know my way around

Post by gibxxi »

Doesn't look like it (At this time), but I have 3 systems in daily use, and 3 NAS devices. The Netgear one has an addon available for it. Or I just run it (periodically) on the desktop until someone does a QPKG for it (and Lidarr).

Now where did Stephane go... lol.

;)
gibxxi
Know my way around

Post by gibxxi »

It's OK, qBittorrent is available as a QPKG after all...

https://qnapclub.eu/index.php?act=detail&qpkg_id=358

Sorted.

Return to “Community Apps”