[UniFi Network Controller] [ 7.4.156 ] Wi-Fi/Device Management

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
Iceman24
Getting the hang of things

Re: [ Ubiquiti UniFi ] [ 5.9.29.0 ] Wi-Fi Management

Post by Iceman24 »

Since the App Store doesn't recognize my app needing an upgrade, what is the proper way of upgrading without losing any of my config?
csrulz17
Starting out

Post by csrulz17 »

Export your configuration within the ubiquiti app and then restore from the backup. Ubiquiti recommends doing this with any upgrade.
occamsrazor
Know my way around

Post by occamsrazor »

Iceman24 wrote:Since the App Store doesn't recognize my app needing an upgrade, what is the proper way of upgrading without losing any of my config?
So I don't know if this is the "best" way, but this is what I did.......

Download a full backup of the config... In the Unifi Controller go to Settings > Maintenance > Backup > Backup Data Retention = No Limit > Download Backup
Save that file safely on your computer.
On the QNAP APP Centre, Remove the package and wait until it is removed.
Then install the new version from qnapclub (or I guess via a downloaded QPKG)
Wait until installation is finished.
Restart the QNAP.
Wait until the Unifi Controller has started and load it up.
You then get the initial setup web-page at which point there is the option to restore from the file that you just saved.
For me this never then finished or at least the new controller would not open, so after 5 mins I rebooted and then everything was working fine like before.
TS-451 [4 x 10TB WD Reds in Raid-5]
TS-239 Pro II [2 x 3TB in Raid-0]
pfSense router and Ubiquiti Unifi switches
Mac Minis, MacBook Pro, iPhones
Iceman24
Getting the hang of things

Post by Iceman24 »

Thanks. I upgraded it that way. Went well.
occamsrazor
Know my way around

Post by occamsrazor »

@QNAP_Stephane..... I couldn't find a separate thread for UnifiVideo on this forum. If you are the one maintaining the UnifiVideo qpkg:

https://www.qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/498

Is there a chance you could please update from 3.8.5 to the current version 3.9.11?

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Vid ... -p/2554311

Asking because I have a Unifi G3 Flex camera coming this week :-)
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

i will check but was a beta package adapted from ubuntu

never got feedback if it really works
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
occamsrazor
Know my way around

Post by occamsrazor »

I'm not sure of the difference between UnifiVideo 3.8.5 vs 3.9.11 but the 3.8.5 installed fine on my TS-451. I'll have the camera next week so will be able to actually test then.
My reading from their forum is that 3.9.x is stable branch, 3.10.x is the beta branch, and I know you prefer stable branch. But I don't know anything about the base OS. No pressure, just thought I'd mention. Thanks.
occamsrazor
Know my way around

Post by occamsrazor »

So I got the camera and tried to adopt it to the unifi video qpkg but had no success. I could access the web interface of the Unifi Video qpkg fine, and web interface of the camera itself, but the camera never appeared. I also tried to install Unifi Video as docker and it worked first time, so the camera is working.
I am still doing some investigating, but I am now thinking it may be an issue with versions... the qpkg being 3.8.5 and the docker being 3.9.9. It seems there are minimum camera firmware versions for different Unifi Video versions and I think my firmware may be too high for UnifiVideo 3.8.5. I am trying to see if there is an older camera firmware still available that I could downgrade to that will work with 3.8.5 but for now will continue with the docker, although I much prefer qpkgs.
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

will check to update it..
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
19kirk79
Starting out

Post by 19kirk79 »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:27 pm will check to update it..
Would be really great. I use both. The controller and the Unifi Video app.
But... Maybe I should say... used. Since I updated my QNAP 470 yesterday both apps are not working any more. I uninstalled and reinstalled them but the browser just says that the page does not exist.
Any idea anyone?
Last edited by 19kirk79 on Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
occamsrazor
Know my way around

Post by occamsrazor »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:27 pm will check to update it..
Thanks so much Stephane. If you do manage to update it, maybe it would be worth creating a separate QNAP forum thread for the video like this one, but for the Unifi Video qpkg.
occamsrazor
Know my way around

Post by occamsrazor »

Hi Stephane... I saw you updated the Unifi Video package to 3.9.11 - thanks so much. My camera is now recognised and generally everything works fine.
The only issue I have encountered is that when trying to change the system configuration an error is generated saying:

"Validation Failed. /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/UnifiVideo/data/videos - path is not accessible. Please correct permisions or ownership and try again."

Addionally, or because of that, when trying to save the system configuration settings, I cannot get any change to the NVR name or more critically "time-based purging", or "space to keep settings" to actually stick.

unifi-video.jpg

I am guessing this is something due to the way qpkgs work and the paths they can access, or where their settings are stored, or the user they run as... but I don't have expertise in that sort of thing.

Thanks for the update though, apart from that it is working well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

occamsrazor wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:18 pm Hi Stephane... I saw you updated the Unifi Video package to 3.9.11 - thanks so much. My camera is now recognised and generally everything works fine.
The only issue I have encountered is that when trying to change the system configuration an error is generated saying:

"Validation Failed. /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/UnifiVideo/data/videos - path is not accessible. Please correct permisions or ownership and try again."

Addionally, or because of that, when trying to save the system configuration settings, I cannot get any change to the NVR name or more critically "time-based purging", or "space to keep settings" to actually stick.

unifi-video.jpg

I am guessing this is something due to the way qpkgs work and the paths they can access, or where their settings are stored, or the user they run as... but I don't have expertise in that sort of thing.

Thanks for the update though, apart from that it is working well.
please use this thread : viewtopic.php?f=320&t=144832 for Unifi Video

I will make 3.9.11.1 in some minutes available on Repo

odenisenko
New here

Post by odenisenko »

oops!

There was an error uploading the backup file.
The backup file you are trying to load is from a newer version of the UniFi Controller and cannot be used with this controller.
5.7.23_last.unf
odenisenko
New here

Post by odenisenko »

D:\Downloads\autobackup_5.7.23_20181201_0000_1543622400285.unf also failed

Return to “Community Apps”