[ Tautulli ] [ 2.11.1.0 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
GTunney
Been there, done that

Re: [ Tautulli ] [ 2.6.5.0 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

Post by GTunney »

MartyIU13 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:22 am I think I did the clone right. Logged into QNAP via WinSCP and deleted the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli. Then I used Putty and changed directory to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli and ran git clone https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli. It ran and looked like it worked and the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli were then populated again (assuming from the clone). I then went to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli/CONFIGDIR and didn't see a file named git_path, but there was a file named plexpy.conf. I opened that and saw a line for git_path that was set to "". Made it opt/bin/git, saved, started Tautulli and got the below error. Not sure what I did wrong. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Error !
TopLevelLookupException: Cant locate template for uri 'index.html'
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli/tautulli/lib/mako/lookup.py, line 262:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli/tautulli/plexpy/webserve.py, line 131:
Make sure the git path is /opt/bin/git and not just opt/bin/git
Model: TS-653B 8GB
Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital WD40EFRX - RAID 5
Total Storage: 7.2TB
Applications: Plex MS | Watcher3 | QSabnzbd+ | QSickrage | Home Assistant | Kodi v18.4 MySQL
Other Devices: Netgear D7000 AC1900 VDSL Router | FTTC - 80/20 | Netgear GS108 Gigabit Switch
an303042
Starting out

Re: [ Tautulli ] [ 2.6.5.0 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

Post by an303042 »

MartyIU13 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:22 am I think I did the clone right. Logged into QNAP via WinSCP and deleted the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli. Then I used Putty and changed directory to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli and ran git clone https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli. It ran and looked like it worked and the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli were then populated again (assuming from the clone). I then went to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli/CONFIGDIR and didn't see a file named git_path, but there was a file named plexpy.conf. I opened that and saw a line for git_path that was set to "". Made it opt/bin/git, saved, started Tautulli and got the below error. Not sure what I did wrong. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Error !
I'm not sure about those specific errors, but it didn't work for me the first time either. I had to rename the "Tautulli" folder created by the git clone to "tautulli" for it to work.
MartyIU13
Starting out

Post by MartyIU13 »

an303042 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:36 pm I'm not sure about those specific errors, but it didn't work for me the first time either. I had to rename the "Tautulli" folder created by the git clone to "tautulli" for it to work.
Looks like it was not changing Tautulli to tautulli after the git clone that was the culprit. Looks like it worked as it's not saying I am running an unknown version and asking to update. For now. Thanks!
MartyIU13
Starting out

Post by MartyIU13 »

So, sad update. After some time, when I opened Tautulli, I got the dreaded "You are running an unknown version of Tautulli. Update or Dismiss" error again. Anyone else have any other ideas? I installed the 2.6.5.0 package from qnap club store then did all the steps that were said to work for some above, but it's still not liking my setup for some reason. The Tautulli settings, and my QNAP OS, show me as having 2.6.5 installed so not sure what the issue is. Why is it not recognizing the version?
an303042
Starting out

Post by an303042 »

MartyIU13 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:07 pm So, sad update. After some time, when I opened Tautulli, I got the dreaded "You are running an unknown version of Tautulli. Update or Dismiss" error again. Anyone else have any other ideas? I installed the 2.6.5.0 package from qnap club store then did all the steps that were said to work for some above, but it's still not liking my setup for some reason. The Tautulli settings, and my QNAP OS, show me as having 2.6.5 installed so not sure what the issue is. Why is it not recognizing the version?
Just triple checking that Tautulli wans't running while you were making the changes - renaming the folder, changing the config file, etc.. - I should note that for me stopping the tautulli app from the qnap gui appcenter doesnt really stop the service. I have to go into tautulli and "shutdown" from the settings menu, then do the changes and start tautulli again from the appcenter.
Good luck!
MartyIU13
Starting out

Post by MartyIU13 »

an303042 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:45 pm Just triple checking that Tautulli wans't running while you were making the changes - renaming the folder, changing the config file, etc.. - I should note that for me stopping the tautulli app from the qnap gui appcenter doesnt really stop the service. I have to go into tautulli and "shutdown" from the settings menu, then do the changes and start tautulli again from the appcenter.
Good luck!
It wasn't running when I did it. I clicked Update in Tautulli again and it looks like this time it might have worked - so far. Hoping it doesn't come up again.
rop
Know my way around

Post by rop »

This worked great just hd to add

Code: Select all

ln -s Tautulli tautulli
since the directory used by the package in Qnap Club uses the name in lowercase and git clone does it in uppercase, once that was done it worked perfectly.

Error !
Vogstar
Starting out

Post by Vogstar »

Quick question how would you do that? as when I try to Winscp to my server I don't see the folder where it should be. thanks in advance
an303042
Starting out

Post by an303042 »

Vogstar wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:28 pm Quick question how would you do that? as when I try to Winscp to my server I don't see the folder where it should be. thanks in advance
Make sure WinSCP has the option to "Show Hidden Files" enabled under "Options -> Preferences -> Panels".
MartyIU13
Starting out

Re: [ Tautulli ] [ 2.6.6.0 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

Post by MartyIU13 »

I just got a new QNAP and set up Tautulli on the new one with a backup I created from the previous QNAP. On the previous QNAP I did the dance from earlier in this chain of deleting the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli, git clone, change git path, change Tautulli/Tautulli to Tautulli/tautulli (lowercase). The old version worked to stop giving me the update prompt after doing all of the above, but Tautulli on my new QNAP is asking me to update after doing all of the above on the new machine. I installed the latest 2.6.6 qpkg from QNAP Club Store, loaded in my config/db files, and everything looked good...until I got the update prompt. Don't think I did anything wrong there. Then I did the whole delete folder, gitclone, etc, but what I did before that worked on old QNAP isn't working on new QNAP. Any ideas/suggestions? I've restarted a bunch of times and keep clicking update and it keeps asking me to. My Tautulli settings say I'm running 2.6.6 and Python version is 3.8.6.

Side note: running a git clone on new QNAP didn't work so I downloaded the master file from github, extracted and copied those contents to Tautulli/tautulli via WinSCP.

Update: I checked my config file and git_path returned to "" even though I know I changed to /opt/bin/git and saved. Any idea why the path keeps getting reverted to "" and what I can do about that? After saving the git_path then firing up Tautulli I get no update prompt. Then after some time when I go back into Tautulli it prompts me to update and I notice the path is ""
dwight1379
Starting out

Re: [ Tautulli ] [ 2.6.6.0 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

Post by dwight1379 »

Hi Folks
Does anyone know if this works on Hero?
and if so
how to load up?
Cheers
Dwight1379
Happy Owner of a TS-H973AX :)
4 off 4TB WD red spinners,
2 off 2TB WD Red SSD,
Cache 2 off WD 1TB Black U.2.;) Where there's a will there's a way!
erkme73
Getting the hang of things

Post by erkme73 »

I was pointed over here by @OneCD when I asked about the error I'm getting as I try to update to the latest version (from within Tautulli).
Unable to Update
Tautulli is still running using Python 2 and cannot be updated past v2.6.3.

Python 3 is required to continue receiving updates.

Please see the wiki for instructions on how to upgrade to Python 3.
I'm on 2.6.5. I'm also VERY green when it comes to navigating the OS on this QNAP. I did use SHERPA to verify that I have Python3 installed an enabled. I cannot find Python2 on my system. I'm sure it's there, but I don't know how to verify, or get Tautulli to recognize that Python3 is there, and to use it.

I feel like a blonde at a auto garage, clueless and helpless..

ETA: Never mind... Rather than relying on the internal update method, I just downloaded the latest version from the first post. I was thrown by the version number on the thread. Once I got to the download page, I see now that the version is already 2.6.10. Installing that now. Sorry for request.
MartyIU13
Starting out

Post by MartyIU13 »

I am still having trouble and hope someone can assist. I posted back in early March on here that My Tautulli on QNAP keeps asking me to update. I did the whole thing of downloading the newest version from the club store, deleting the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli and running the git clone, then editing the git path to /opt/bin/git (even editing Tautullii/Tautulli to Tautulli/tautulli (lower case). I've done this after restarting the QNAP, making sure to only edit the config file once the app was shut down, literally everything I can think of, but no matter what I do my git_path keeps resetting to "". Can someone please assist and let me know how I can have the git_path save as /opt/bin/git as clicking Save after editing is not saving it.
Fitzsimmons_Home
First post

Post by Fitzsimmons_Home »

I am having the same issue, I have followed all the instructions in the different posts and even though Tautulli is on the current version 2.7.6 I am getting the message "You are running an unknown version of Tautulli Update or Dismiss". Can anyone please help me out with what I am missing? Here are the steps that I followed:

1) Removed the old version of Tautulli
2) Installed a clean copy of Tautulli
3) Once the app was loaded, right clicked and hit stop
4) Deleted the folder tautulli folder in the "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli" directory
5) Downloaded the master file from github, extracted and copied those contents to Tautulli/tautulli via WinSCP.(I did not know how to use putty to navigate to the "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli" directory and run the "git clone https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli")
6) Renamed the git_path from "" in the plexpy.conf file to /opt/bin/git and hit save. I reopened the file to make sure the changed stayed.
7) Started the Tautulli app from the QNAP App page.
8) Opened Tautulli and received error message.

I did start with version 2.7.3?

Thank you in advance for your help!
rogclifford
New here

Post by rogclifford »

Can someone please tell me where the Tautulli config.ini file is to be found? I have been locked out and can't access from GUI. I understand I can fix via the config.ini but where is it? Tried searching the directory with WinSCP but no joy.

Return to “Community Apps”