[ Tautulli ] [ 2.11.1.0 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
ovq
Starting out

Re: [ Tautulli ] [ 2.6.4.1 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

Post by ovq »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:41 am :!: 2.6.4.1 version has been rebuilt with Python 3.8.6 embedded :!:
After updating, I am still on Python 2.
I have removed and re-installed Tautulli and still get the notification to update to 2.6.4/lack of Python 3.

UPDATE: rebooted my NAS and cleared my browser cache. Now, I am running on Python 3.
an303042
Starting out

Re: [ Tautulli ] [ 2.6.4.1 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

Post by an303042 »

So because of the move to Python 3 I had to remove an installation of PlexPy which I had for years (and kept updating with its internal updater) and reinstall the latest Tautulli qpkg. I backed up the db and config and restored them after installation. Everything seems fine except I'm constantly getting the following in the corner: "You are running an unknown version of Tautulli. Update or Dismiss" and even after I choose to update it keeps showing up. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it because I restored an old config file? Any ihelp and ideas are appreciated. It's not a huge issue, but its annoying and I'm not sure I'll be able to get true update notifications this way...
GTunney
Been there, done that

Post by GTunney »

an303042 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:32 pm So because of the move to Python 3 I had to remove an installation of PlexPy which I had for years (and kept updating with its internal updater) and reinstall the latest Tautulli qpkg. I backed up the db and config and restored them after installation. Everything seems fine except I'm constantly getting the following in the corner: "You are running an unknown version of Tautulli. Update or Dismiss" and even after I choose to update it keeps showing up. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it because I restored an old config file? Any ihelp and ideas are appreciated. It's not a huge issue, but its annoying and I'm not sure I'll be able to get true update notifications this way...
I'm also getting the same, same scenario done a backup and restore of my db and config.
Model: TS-453D 8GB
Disks: 3 x 4TB Western Digital WD40EFRX - RAID 5
Total Storage: 7.2TB
Applications: Plex | Sonarr | QSabnzbd+ | Radarr | Home Assistant | MQTT/Z2M
Other Devices: Netgear D7000 AC1900 VDSL Router | FTTP - 1014/104 | Netgear GS108 Gigabit Switch
Vogstar
Starting out

Post by Vogstar »

After the import of the database I can longer see my history and I see these error anyone know what it could be?
2021-01-18 15:32:24 ERROR WebUI :: /history : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'preventDefault' of undefined. (script.js:511)
2021-01-18 15:32:24 WARNING Tautulli DataFactory :: Unable to execute database query for get_history: database or disk is full.
2021-01-18 15:32:24 ERROR Tautulli Database :: Database error: database or disk is full
2021-01-18 15:30:35 INFO Tautulli Libraries :: Libraries list refreshed.
Last edited by Vogstar on Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vogstar
Starting out

Post by Vogstar »

an303042 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:32 pm So because of the move to Python 3 I had to remove an installation of PlexPy which I had for years (and kept updating with its internal updater) and reinstall the latest Tautulli qpkg. I backed up the db and config and restored them after installation. Everything seems fine except I'm constantly getting the following in the corner: "You are running an unknown version of Tautulli. Update or Dismiss" and even after I choose to update it keeps showing up. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it because I restored an old config file? Any ihelp and ideas are appreciated. It's not a huge issue, but its annoying and I'm not sure I'll be able to get true update notifications this way...
I dfid the exact same thing and I"m experincing the same problem as well with the new install if you noticed it went to a new port and the old port still works but gives an error are you getting the same experience?
an303042
Starting out

Post by an303042 »

Vogstar wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:46 am I dfid the exact same thing and I"m experincing the same problem as well with the new install if you noticed it went to a new port and the old port still works but gives an error are you getting the same experience?
I did notice its using a new port, but in my case the old one doesn't lead anywhere. Are you sure you removed the older installation?
Vogstar
Starting out

Post by Vogstar »

an303042 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:55 pm
Vogstar wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:46 am I dfid the exact same thing and I"m experincing the same problem as well with the new install if you noticed it went to a new port and the old port still works but gives an error are you getting the same experience?
I did notice its using a new port, but in my case the old one doesn't lead anywhere. Are you sure you removed the older installation?

I had to reboot my qnapp and the old site stoped working now only if my history would work
an303042
Starting out

Post by an303042 »

Vogstar wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:41 am I had to reboot my qnapp and the old site stoped working now only if my history would work
Well, my db import didn't work from within Tautulli. I had to shut Tautulli down then manually replace the db file in it's installation directory..

Edit: If needed you can try to reach out to SwiftPanda (tautulli dev) on reddit or his discord
MartyIU13
Starting out

Post by MartyIU13 »

Was anyone able to figure this out yet? I am getting the same error to update and it won't go away after clicking Update. When clicking update it "updates" to version 2.6.4 and just asks to update again, even though the 2.6.4.1 package is installed on QNAP per QTS. When updating to 2.6.4.1 I completely uninstalled the old version of Tautulli on QNAP through QTS after backing up the database and config files, restarted NAS, installed the 2.6.4.1 package from the QNAP Club Store and my QTS shows the version as 2.6.4.1. All looks good and Python in settings shows as Python 3.8.6.
GTunney
Been there, done that

Re: [ Tautulli ] [ 2.6.5.0 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

Post by GTunney »

I managed to get mine working with my database and also config.

I had to delete the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli in the qpkg folder and do a fresh git clone in there and also change git path to /opt/bin/git
Other Devices: Netgear D7000 AC1900 VDSL Router | FTTP - 1014/104 | Netgear GS108 Gigabit Switch
an303042
Starting out

Re: [ Tautulli ] [ 2.6.5.0 ] Monitoring and tracking tool for Plex Media Server (ex PlexPy )

Post by an303042 »

GTunney wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:32 pm I managed to get mine working with my database and also config.

I had to delete the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli in the qpkg folder and do a fresh git clone in there and also change git path to /opt/bin/git
Is it able to keep track of its version now? How do you do that? I guess i can download the latest release from github and copy it over to the qnap - that takes care of the first part. But i have no idea how to change the path...
MartyIU13
Starting out

Post by MartyIU13 »

GTunney wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:32 pm I managed to get mine working with my database and also config.

I can figure out how to delete contents of Tautulli/Tautulli in the qpkg folder, but would you be kind enough to help with the git clone and changing the git path? No clue how to do those.
GTunney
Been there, done that

Post by GTunney »

an303042 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:47 am

Is it able to keep track of its version now? How do you do that? I guess i can download the latest release from github and copy it over to the qnap - that takes care of the first part. But i have no idea how to change the path...
Yes it is able to keep track now. Some paths below may be different but should be the same.

Change directory into "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli"
Do a "git clone https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli"
Open "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli/CONFIGDIR" and search for git_path and change the path to /opt/bin/git
Start Tautulli
pyrotech1620
Starting out

Post by pyrotech1620 »

GTunney wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:46 pm
an303042 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:47 am

Yes it is able to keep track now. Some paths below may be different but should be the same.

Change directory into "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli"
Do a "git clone https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli"
Open "/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli/CONFIGDIR" and search for git_path and change the path to /opt/bin/git
Start Tautulli
This worked for me! No longer telling me the version is unknown! You are legend @GTunney !
MartyIU13
Starting out

Post by MartyIU13 »

I think I did the clone right. Logged into QNAP via WinSCP and deleted the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli. Then I used Putty and changed directory to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli and ran git clone https://github.com/Tautulli/Tautulli. It ran and looked like it worked and the contents of Tautulli/Tautulli were then populated again (assuming from the clone). I then went to /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli/CONFIGDIR and didn't see a file named git_path, but there was a file named plexpy.conf. I opened that and saw a line for git_path that was set to "". Made it opt/bin/git, saved, started Tautulli and got the below error. Not sure what I did wrong. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Error !
TopLevelLookupException: Cant locate template for uri 'index.html'
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli/tautulli/lib/mako/lookup.py, line 262:
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Tautulli/tautulli/plexpy/webserve.py, line 131:

Return to “Community Apps”