[myHD QPKG Beta 1] How to uninstall (prevent lost of data) Apologize

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
father_mande
Ask me anything

[myHD QPKG Beta 1] How to uninstall (prevent lost of data) Apologize

Postby father_mande » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi,

Apologize to all

I don't see this problem after tests (install / uninstall) on my NAS ((TS-x53 Pro and TVS-x73) ... so I not prevent this kind of potential problem
Apologize also to have get out the QPKG without any documentation and help to secure the environment ...

As any BETA 1 (so first initial version) I don't repeat enough that you MUST test it on a QNAP with a full backup of data (out of Q.T.S. and QPKG installed) in fact the shared folder ... for me (as a user trying to integrate QPKG for sharing solution (installed without) ... I have always full backup for, up-fully rare but existing, risks for DATA. It's stupid to think that all do the same ...

In second hand, as any user, I have limited documentation on QPKG (in this case uninstall QNAP's procedure) ... so can forgot somethings.

Last, even it's not an excuse for, I have try after tests but to fast ... to deliver a first version, even due to family problem ... I was not online for days.

It's absolutely terrific (even less than for user losting data) to have put users in the situation to lost data if they don't have backup.

To uninstall myHD please follow the recommendation in this post : viewtopic.php?f=320&t=142604#p679569

I don't know if I continue to provide any QPKG ... I have write lot of post on the fact that only QNAP and QNAP support team can have knowledge for large and complex QPKG impacting large environment ... perhaps it's time to me to stop and forget QNAP ... it's too hard to generate this kind of situation.

again (and again) apologize for all the inconvenience ...

Philippe.
Download MyQPKG https://www.father-mande.ovh/
NEW just started : Forum MyQPKG https://www.father-mande.ovh/phpBB3
... due to lack of dedicated forum for NON QNAP QPKG ... community one is "phagocyted" by QNAP (support team member)
... some sub-forum seem inaccessible
... topics on my QPKG are "lost in the flow" of messages ...
... This Forum is under construction so will cover all My QPKG step by step
I don't quit this forum ... just add an option for specific questions about My QPKG

stefaanbolle
Starting out

Re: [myHD QPKG Beta 1] How to uninstall (prevent lost of data) Apologize

Postby stefaanbolle » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:57 pm

No worries, that is the risk of alpha and beta testing!
backups are being restored and data loss will be limited.
We really appreciate your work and at Least I hope you continue to provide new qpkg.

hslansky
Starting out

Postby hslansky » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:17 am

I totally agree! There is a reason it is called BETA code. Issues are to be expected. I hope you decide to continue with providing qpkgs, your work is very much appreciated. We need users like you who can fill the void left by QNAP.

sonnsterr
Know my way around

Postby sonnsterr » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:37 am

Please don't stop father_mande, you have done such a great job. …. Beta testing is just that.....
QNAP TVS‑1282T‑i7K‑64G with Alphacool Eiswand External CPU Cooler..TX-500P Expansion unit for Backups ..450W Power Supply

yabba235
Getting the hang of things

Postby yabba235 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Please father_madre, don't left MyHD !!

Idon't care for lost data - my system is on separate sdd, and shared folders on another disks.
So I that's why I can test it.
If you can, please give me a link to this pack - it may be individual, you do not need to share it on the forum :)
I will manage myself in the event of problems, and the very concept of such a package is fanstastic - having it you can finally install and use whatever you want.
Zotac MI553 (Hackintosh), NAS Qnap TS-453mini 6TB RAID5/128GB ssd for system,UPS APC x 2, PJ JVC DLA-X500, PCV screen, in-wall speakers 7.1 by KEF powered by Marantz, SR6011 and Remote Pronto TS9400

Trexx
Experience counts

Postby Trexx » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:46 pm

Agree'd... we appreciate all he hard work that you do Philippe and all the time/effort you put in. As others have said, we understand that conditions that you are working with and hope that you will continue your great work. We have all had cases where things go wrong, whether with native QNAP code or 3rd party code. That is why BACKUPS ARE CRITICAL in ALL circumstances.

I hope you will reconsider withdrawing from making qpkg's, but even in you don't... THANK YOU for all that you do and have done for the community.
Paul

Model: TS-877-1600 FW: 4.3.5.x
QTier (HDD): [RAID-5] 6 x 3TB HGST DeskStar NAS QTier (SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 525GB Crucial MX300 m.2's
(SSD): [RAID-1] 2 x 500GB Evo 860
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB Kit DDR4-2666
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060, ACX 2.0(1 Fan), 6GB
UPS: CyberPower AVR1350 Ext. Backup: USB 3.0 Seagate 5TB
Media Boxes: Nvidia ShieldTV Pro, AppleTV 4, Roku Stick

Model: TVS-673 32GB FW: 4.3.5.x Test/Backup Box
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NAS RAID Rebuild Times | Live QTS Videos | | QNAP NAS Guide | Information needed when you ask for HELP | QNAP Links, Tutorials, etc.
2018 Plex NAS Compatibility Guide | QNAP Plex FAQ | Moogle's QNAP Faq

Moogle Stiltzkin
Ask me anything

Postby Moogle Stiltzkin » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:13 pm

ty father mande for your efforts. you did say it's a BETA. so not much of a surprise. thx for the heads up though.
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 w. 4x HGST Deskstar NAS (HDN724040ALE640) EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 Samsung 850 Evo raid1 cache acceleration read only
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A w. 5x 2TB Samsung EcoGreen F3 (HD203WI) EXT4 Raid5
[Backup] QNAP TS-659 Pro
[Backup] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB Western Digital RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[Backup] QNAP TS-228
[Backup] QNAP TS-128 w. 1x 1TB Western Digital RE3 (WD1002FBYS)

Network
Asus AC68U Router|100mbps dl/50mbps ul FTTH Internet | Windows 10 Enterprise, Water Cooled PC-Intel i7 920 Ivy bridge desktop (1x 512gb Samsung 850 Pro SSD + 1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Guides and articles by me
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
[Megathread] Qnap Frequently asked questions V2, click to read here

https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin

father_mande
Ask me anything

Postby father_mande » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Hi,

Even I was VERY terrified of creating this kind of problem ... I have restart a LONG works to rebuild myHD
... I have add (lot of) control when myHD is stooped to don't send back the hands to QNAP before all will be finish (because I don't know how QNAP manage remove of QPKG)
... ... myHD is like a REAL Ubuntu embedded starting with systemd-init ... so relatively long to finish a shutdown (I don't want to use a halt without security)
... I have separate (so lot of change in the QPKG) the Ubuntu environment from the QPKG itself
... ... so removing myHD don't remove the environment ... so no risk for data in shared resources used by myHD
... I have add an uninstall procedure to clear ALL with abort in any case where mounted resources have a minimal risk to be impacted
... ... this procedure uninstall all myHD associated QPKG, the environment THEN at end QPKG
... ... if user remove the QPKG BEFORE the environment and myHD additional QPKGs was removed ... specific shell are provide (in environment folder) to do the job EVEN myHD was removed ...
... LAST (even it's more works for user) ... NO shared resource are available in myHD at start time ... so it's YOU that add the folder or resource you want so nothing can be mounted if you don't choice to do it
... ... BUT for Kodi or other players ... using network resources (so localhost also) is always "open" without "local" shared resources access ...

This generate thousand of coding lines to change and test again ... but I will hope to provide a new (so no update available from the previous bad version) in short time ... even I was anxious ...

Philippe.
Download MyQPKG https://www.father-mande.ovh/
NEW just started : Forum MyQPKG https://www.father-mande.ovh/phpBB3
... due to lack of dedicated forum for NON QNAP QPKG ... community one is "phagocyted" by QNAP (support team member)
... some sub-forum seem inaccessible
... topics on my QPKG are "lost in the flow" of messages ...
... This Forum is under construction so will cover all My QPKG step by step
I don't quit this forum ... just add an option for specific questions about My QPKG

yabba235
Getting the hang of things

Postby yabba235 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:28 am

I'm glad you are not giving up and you will finally show us the new version of MyHD !!
Zotac MI553 (Hackintosh), NAS Qnap TS-453mini 6TB RAID5/128GB ssd for system,UPS APC x 2, PJ JVC DLA-X500, PCV screen, in-wall speakers 7.1 by KEF powered by Marantz, SR6011 and Remote Pronto TS9400

hslansky
Starting out

Postby hslansky » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:48 pm

Glad to hear you are moving forward with this project. I would be happy to assist with the BETA(or even ALPHA) testing.

Return to “Community Apps”