[ TransmissionBT v3 ] [ 3.0.0.2 ] Transmission is a fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client.

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
AJchang
New here

Re: [ TransmissionBT v3 ] [ 3.0.0.2 ] Transmission is a fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client.

Post by AJchang »

First of all, thank you QNAP_Stephane for all your work on Transmission. This program has run reliably on my TS-451 for years, and I appreciate all your effort in maintaining Transmission.

I recently acquired a new QNAP, and will most likely switch to qBittorrent, because I have no idea how to properly install the MUSL TOOLCHAIN (I'm not very savvy). My question is where I may locate the .torrent files that Transmission uses for the files that I seed. I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything. Ideally I would copy the .torrent files, along with the files that I'm seeding, over to the new QNAP. I hope this makes sense!
fiskekrok
Starting out

Re: [ TransmissionBT v3 ] [ 3.0.0.2 ] Transmission is a fast, easy, and free BitTorrent client.

Post by fiskekrok »

AJchang wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:28 am First of all, thank you QNAP_Stephane for all your work on Transmission. This program has run reliably on my TS-451 for years, and I appreciate all your effort in maintaining Transmission.

I recently acquired a new QNAP, and will most likely switch to qBittorrent, because I have no idea how to properly install the MUSL TOOLCHAIN (I'm not very savvy). My question is where I may locate the .torrent files that Transmission uses for the files that I seed. I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything. Ideally I would copy the .torrent files, along with the files that I'm seeding, over to the new QNAP. I hope this makes sense!
The path is
/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QTransmission3/etc/torrents
AJchang
New here

Post by AJchang »

fiskekrok wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:31 pm The path is
/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QTransmission3/etc/torrents
Thank you!
liquidity
New here

Post by liquidity »

Hello Stephane thank you for making this package! I see in the settings.json that message level defaults to 2, but I can't find logs anywhere. Are there logs somewhere? Thanks!
AndreasR
First post

Post by AndreasR »

ohai!
found the client and the config file but not the user and privileges.
can you point me where those are set?
on linux it runs as debian-transmission and you could set it up to change permission/ownership after download was complete
on the NAS (QTS 5) it seems it runs as "admin" and all files end up 744
admin account is disabled so not a big deal but I would like to change the permissions so I can work with the files after download completes.

where can I change this? can I change this?

thanks

Andreas
drooplewx
Starting out

Post by drooplewx »

Thank you QNAP_Stephane.
My Nas is TS-221, Marvell 2.0GHz, could you please let me know which file should I use to install the transmission.
Cheers
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

AndreasR wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:06 pm on the NAS (QTS 5) it seems it runs as "admin" and all files end up 744
admin account is disabled so not a big deal but I would like to change the permissions so I can work with the files after download completes.

where can I change this? can I change this?
A workaround could be to use the post download script to set ownership and permissions as you would like them. Personally, I do this as a precaution on a number of directories nightly through a Cron command.
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
drooplewx
Starting out

Post by drooplewx »

chodaboy19 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:46 pm I figured out how to make the https trackers work.

Here is some background on the reason for the failure:
https://www.linksysinfo.org/index.php?t ... 0-6.76058/

You just need to add 2 lines in the QTransmission3.sh file under the .qpkg folder QTransmission3:

Code: Select all

TR_CURL_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1
export TR_CURL_SSL_NO_VERIFY
The file should look like this:

#!/bin/sh
CONF=/etc/config/qpkg.conf
QPKG_NAME="QTransmission3"
TR_CURL_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1
QPKG_ROOT=`/sbin/getcfg $QPKG_NAME Install_Path -f ${CONF}`
export QNAP_QPKG=$QPKG_NAME
export QPKG_ROOT QPKG_NAME
I recommend switching to Docker for Transmission, then you won't have to deal with .qpkg limitations or have to pay 10 Euros for a bittorrent client :shock: :roll:
Well Done
Just wondering that after change the file, should I restart the NAS or just the transmission or just run the sh file
drooplewx
Starting out

Post by drooplewx »

QNAP_Stephane wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:33 am known bug... use Transmission MUSL version (last update from Git)
I installed the MUSL version with MUSL, still can not connect to HTTPS trackers.
jmuller
New here

Post by jmuller »

chodaboy19 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:46 pm I figured out how to make the https trackers work.

You just need to add 2 lines in the QTransmission3.sh file under the .qpkg folder QTransmission3:

TR_CURL_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1

#!/bin/sh
TR_CURL_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1
I recommend switching to Docker for Transmission, then you won't have to deal with .qpkg limitations or have to pay 10 Euros for a bittorrent client :shock: :roll:
Many thanks. I spent too long on a wild goose chase, thinking the issue was on my side, before checking here. To anyone wondering, you just have to restart Transmission for the changes to take effect.
dotten
New here

Post by dotten »

Adding these 2 lines and restarting transmission worked for me too, thank you!
flakmonkey
First post

Post by flakmonkey »

jmuller wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:21 pm

TR_CURL_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1

#!/bin/sh
TR_CURL_SSL_NO_VERIFY=1
Many thanks. I spent too long on a wild goose chase, thinking the issue was on my side, before checking here. To anyone wondering, you just have to restart Transmission for the changes to take effect.
I would like to ask that this solution should work on TS-219 PII? I pasted these two lines into the QTransmission3.sh but didn't work for me. The port is closed as usually after i restert the NAS and the transmission daemon.

Could help me somebody? Thank you.
Xtrememeplease
First post

Post by Xtrememeplease »

Hi

For some reason my download directory has changed it is now downloading to /qtransmission3/bin/multimedia
instead of /share/multimedia
How do I point it back to the share I don't want the download Dir to be in the /QPKG/Transmission3/Bin
is was working fine with my current settings and the only thing I can think of is a Qnap firmware update that has changed.

Thanks
Tony
dosborne
Experience counts

Post by dosborne »

Xtrememeplease wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:10 am How do I point it back to the share I don't want the download Dir to be in the /QPKG/Transmission3/Bin
Stop Tranmission, Edit settings.json, restart Transmission

Download location entry in settings.json

"download-dir": "--path to download location--",
QNAP TS-563-16G 5x10TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD Raid-5 NIC: 2x1GB 1x10GbE
QNAP TS-231P-US 2x18TB Seagate Exos HDD Raid-1
[Deadbolt and General Ransomware Detection, Prevention, Recovery & MORE]
chrisboy68
New here

Post by chrisboy68 »

HI,
Struggling if this is a Transmission issue or QNAP. Transmission is reporting there is no more space on device , however, I have over 2.5 TB available. Within the File Manager in QNAP I copied a large file to the same download directory as Transmission and it worked fine . I'm confused, how Transmission is seeing it as full. There are no Quotas on either. Any ideas?
Thank you,

Didjit

Return to “Community Apps”