Any solution to bypass "The digital certificate has expired"?

This is the best place for community developers to publish their genius work. Your Apps enrich the QNAP Turbo NAS.
DiliMe
Getting the hang of things

Any solution to bypass "The digital certificate has expired"?

Post by DiliMe »

Hi folks,
Since upgrading to QTS 5.0 we have run into a problem with the expired certificates for community apps, especially for the ones released on Qnapclub.eu repo.
As the folks from Qnapclub.eu are releasing new versions in their free time, it seems we will have to rely less and less on this beautiful repo for new releases.
I see that packages without a digital signature are still working fine, assuming it was checked the box for "Allow installation of applications without digital signature".

Does anyone know a method how to remove the digital signature of a package that has expired signature and transform into a package with NO digital signature?

Cheers!
*(Main) TS-253A/8GB - \\SMB server for family documents; SurveilanceStation for 4 x cctv cams; Kodi for playing Movies on TV-HDMI; QuMagie for watching photos archive on smartphones; QMusic for listening music on smartphones; QFile for auto backup of smartphones photos; AutoBackup of family OneDrive/GDrive; Containers (iperf, nginx-proxy, uptime-kuma, influxdb)

*(Backup) TS-112/0,5GB - SurveilanceStation for 2 x cctv cams; RTRR of CCTV live recording from TS-253A; RTRR of all shared folders from TS-253A
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Re: Any solution to bypass "The digital certificate has expired"?

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

Hi

it needs be repackaged with new sign

it is done one by one... if you are hurry, ask me which QPKG is needed to be signed, here on the Discord QnapClub Channel
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DiliMe

Post by DiliMe »

I searched for QnapClub channel on Discord but haven't found it, maybe you can send us the Discord invite link.
Thank you very much Stephane for all your involvement with this project!

Update: I am currently using StatPing and OwnTune.
I see that StatPing is not maintained by its devs since year 2020 and there's a new fork named StatPing-ng.
And as long as I searched for StatPing alternative, I see that many people have migrated to Uptime-kuma, so as a suggestion maybe you can give a try to Uptime-kuma.

PS: actually it looks that with this comment I have diverted from the main subject of this topic
*(Main) TS-253A/8GB - \\SMB server for family documents; SurveilanceStation for 4 x cctv cams; Kodi for playing Movies on TV-HDMI; QuMagie for watching photos archive on smartphones; QMusic for listening music on smartphones; QFile for auto backup of smartphones photos; AutoBackup of family OneDrive/GDrive; Containers (iperf, nginx-proxy, uptime-kuma, influxdb)

*(Backup) TS-112/0,5GB - SurveilanceStation for 2 x cctv cams; RTRR of CCTV live recording from TS-253A; RTRR of all shared folders from TS-253A
QNAP_Stephane
Experience counts

Post by QNAP_Stephane »

statping has been updated with new sign
owntune do see what is this package

will check to build uptime-Kuma (in todo-list)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Find all QPKG in the MyQnap.org repository https://www.myqnap.org
join our discord server for any inquiry related to qpkg - https://discord.gg/4fPxHSWKQW

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DiliMe

Post by DiliMe »

Thank you Stephane!
It works!

PS: I misspelled, it is about OwnTone (https://www.qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/1137, but actually I find that I haven't used it in the last year ... so, it is not a priority for me.

Return to “Community Apps”