Remote Desktop CLIENT in nas

Ask community developers’ help for your most wanted Apps and also discover what the hottest and ultimate Apps are.
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze

Re: Remote Desktop CLIENT in nas

Post by Gryzor »

Have you tried the headless plug solution? I hadn't noticed it in my settings (where is it?) and it'd be interesting to remote-connect to it directly rather than running through hoops!
.:.
QNAP TS-251-4G / 4.3.2.0026
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

Gryzor wrote:Have you tried the headless plug solution? I hadn't noticed it in my settings (where is it?) and it'd be interesting to remote-connect to it directly rather than running through hoops!
Please elaborate what your want to achieve
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze

Post by Gryzor »

Sure, I was referring to the post directly above mine suggesting a HDMI header to enable the Remote Desktop function:
ssybesma wrote:Hello Patrick,

Have you noticed this with HD Station version 3.1.7 (Settings window):
HD Station Settings.PNG
It seems to say that without a monitor attached to the QNAP, that I should be able to access HD Station remotely. It's not feasible to put a monitor where my QNAP is.

However, there seems to be a need to have one plugged in regardless if I use it where it's located.

I found this, which could be a solution to the QNAPs need to detect an HDMI monitor and may allow Remote Desktop to work with HD Station:

http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/fit-headless/
[EDIT] Hmmm I've never used HD station, but I can't even find it in Apps... is it only available when you have HDMI connected?
[EDIT2] Ah, found it, it's in the Control Panel, not a separate app! :D
rafarataneneces
New here

Post by rafarataneneces »

I have the same problem but an HDMI cable IS connected to QNAP.

Any idea why I can't access it remotely?

I have QTS-471
Gryzor
Easy as a breeze

Post by Gryzor »

Ha, just as I got a HDMI plug. If anyone could describe the process it'd be great...
Bermin
New here

Post by Bermin »

pwilson wrote:
giopas wrote:You could try to install a Remmina docker package and see if it works. Or better, create it yourself with Docker or chroot.
I don't think Docker is compatible with his TS-239 Pro II.

I still maintain that installing any form of RDP Client on the NAS is a complete waste of time. There is no need to put a NAS between you and a Windows machine. Simply port-forwarding the RDP port directly at the Router to the Windows machine makes far more sense.

This is not a NAS issue at all. The NAS does not need to be used in this way.
Sadly I couldn''t manage with this.

Return to “Apps Wanted”