SSH from QNAP Web GUI?

Ask community developers’ help for your most wanted Apps and also discover what the hottest and ultimate Apps are.
Qmann
Easy as a breeze

Re: SSH from QNAP Web GUI?

Post by Qmann »

peelos wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:26 pm keybox installed via an NGinx reverse proxy: viewtopic.php?f=320&t=111719&hilit=keybox
Searching for this same solution has brought me here. Is this still the best way to do this?

I have a crashplan formatted log tailer running on QNAP NodeJS that I monitor via ssh terminal from my workstation, but, if I reboot the workstation it has to all be logged in and setup again to tail. I would prefer this just run in a window in QTS. The only other thing I have thought of is running a new container and using the "terminal" viewer to start a browser shell to tail the log. Seems like it should be easier. The idea is to start the log tail once, and then it be available during the entire uptime of the NAS, and easily accessible. Of course this is just a nice to have.
Model: TVS-872XT 64GB (Crucial 64GB Kit CT2K32G4SFD8266)
2 x 1TB XPG 1TB NVMe (ASX8200PNP-1TT-C) [RAID-1]
5 x 16TB EXOS [RAID-5]
Borg Backup running to an offisite pi, AND to the local TS-569L
Model: TS-569L Borg server for backups
6 x 8TB Ironwolf [RAID-5]
Qotom-Q355G4 Fanless Mini Micro PC running pSense in front of everything
haproxy for anything inside the LAN
oyvindo
Experience counts

Post by oyvindo »

Whatever you choose, be aware that Keybox is no longer maintained and has been replaced by Bastillion.
This link explains how to use Apache for Reverse Proxy;
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=139548

Here is an explanation on how to run Bastillion in a container:
https://www.reddit.com/r/qnap/comments/ ... e_for_any/
ImageImageImage
cosmotic
New here

Post by cosmotic »

Use container station with a container that has an SSH client. Container station lets you use a terminal from the web ui in the container station window or launch a terminal in a new tab.

Return to “Apps Wanted”