[REQUEST] Seafile

Ask community developers’ help for your most wanted Apps and also discover what the hottest and ultimate Apps are.
BryceWilkins
Know my way around

[REQUEST] Seafile

Post by BryceWilkins »

Would someone be so awesome to make a QPKG for Seafile (https://www.seafile.com) server 6.1.0 to run on QNAP NAS? :D

I notice there are QPKGs for syncthing, owncloud, nextcloud (forked from owncloud), Pydio (formerly Ajaxplorer), etc. but mysteriously not Seafile. :( I'm looking for a Dropbox replacement and after a little searching it seems Seafile is rather frequently recommended, and actively followed/developed. So, wish we could have a QPKG to install Seafile on our QNAPs :)
BryceWilkins
Know my way around

Re: [REQUEST] Seafile

Post by BryceWilkins »

If anyone is interested, here is a nice summary/comparison of Seafile and Syncthing; it's a bit dated, but still valuable comparison I think.

Has anyone here some first hand experience of current releases of Seafile and syncthing?
BryceWilkins
Know my way around

Post by BryceWilkins »

Hmm, no interest in Seafile?

In the meantime, I found a post related to Seafile 3.0.0 from 2014, running on TS-659 Pro II. The current release of Seafile is 6.1.2 and no doubt a lot of dependencies have changed since then, so probably can't follow those instructions directly.

Would be great to hear some comments on Seafile/Syncthing comparison...
zyxmon
Experience counts

Post by zyxmon »

Entware has seafile 6.0.7 package that can be used with Qnap.

Return to “Apps Wanted”