Lidarr qpkg

Ask community developers’ help for your most wanted Apps and also discover what the hottest and ultimate Apps are.
haudankaivajasi
Starting out

Lidarr qpkg

Post by haudankaivajasi »

Hi,

Lidarr is an alternative for Headphones; it manages your music library and searches for new content according to given prefixes (quality etc.) They like to describe it: "Looks and smells like Sonarr but made for music." which is tbh the best way to describe it.
There seems to be a qpkg already for Sonarr and Radarr and I would like to ask for a package for Lidarr as well.

It is still in developement but it seems to be working quite well and there are a few docker containers for it aswell.

Github link:
https://github.com/lidarr/Lidarr
kenn.melksham
New here

Re: Lidarr qpkg

Post by kenn.melksham »

+1, Currently running Sonarr and Radarr and so far I'm happy enough to donate to the Dev's. Whilst I understand Radarr and Lidarr are still in development, I'd be happy to give Lidarr a red hot go and give feed back :-).
gibxxi
Know my way around

Post by gibxxi »

+2.

Headphones 'works', but it's based off the CouchPotato v1 UI, has been hacked about with for years, and still fails some basic functions it was designed for. That and development / fixes are somewhat 'sporadic' for want of a better word. Not everyone is going to be all that keen, since Lidarr runs off Mono, just like Sonarr and Radarr. But Both of the aforementioned apps work amazingly well. Certainly better than CouchPotato (v1 or v2) and SickBeard and it's clones. Better still, the UI is actually a pleasure to use, unlike the former. And if your already running Sonarr & Radarr, Lidarr somewhat completes the set (until someone forks it again to provide LazyLibrarian style functionality, lol).
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"
NAS1: QNAP TS453-Pro (8GB, 4x4TB WD-Red Plus), NAS2: QNAP TS453-Mini (8GB, 4x2TB WD-Red).
moregeld
New here

Post by moregeld »

Has anyone able to whip up Lidarr in a qpkg file ?

I'm currently running it as a docker/container for now - has its faults (knowing its still in development mode) , but still usable
bendsch
Know my way around

Lidarr Qpkg

Post by bendsch »

http://lidarr.audio
https://github.com/lidarr/Lidarr

I am able to run Lidar manually on my Ts-251. However i am missing out on the skills to create a propper qpkg for it.

can anybody help?

cheers bendsch
NASmodesl: TS-459 Pro+ , TS-251
nayanc
New here

Post by nayanc »

+ 1

Just stumbled across Lidarr and would definitely love to have a qnap package for this. Not familiar enough to do it myself and prefer a qpkg to adding via Container Station.
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

Stephane has just added this package. ;)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
alagave
Starting out

Post by alagave »

Running for over a week and I am pretty impressed.

Initial advice: 1) Move all of your "Various Artists" media to a folder not scanned by this app. 2) Make sure your tagging is 100% and your file structure is compatible, in MP3Tag terms this will be %albumartist%\%album%\%tracknumber% - %title%", and 3) Make a backup of the directory you intend to scan.

Initial Thoughts: I really do not like any app modifying the Music directory I spent so much time tagging! How about letting me put newly downloaded media in a \Lidarr directory and then, after I check it, move it to the main \Music directory. I thought I had configured this but the app did something different. I also noted a ton of files this app deleted (at least moved to the recycle folder) with no real warning or reason I could easily determine. I'm sure it was a poor configuration choice of mine but this just points out the need for a backup before unleashing any app on your valuable MUSIC directory.

I still need to learn a lot more before I feel comfortable filling in lost tracks but I do have an idea. How about scanning my \OrphanTracks folder. I'll bet you have one too - somehow one of the tagger or media management programs we previously tried left some orphan tracks. I just move the to a folder so I can hopefully place them with their parent albums one day.

These are personal concerns and preferences that in no way detract from the fantastic app. I guess I am just more invested in my music than my movies and want ultimate control over how it is modified. I never worried about Radarr and Sonarr modifying my media but I did not spend hours tagging that media.
Al Agave
TS-419P+ [4*2GB], TS-653a [8*8GB], TVS-873e [8*8GB + RXP-1000 [8*8GB]
OneCD
Guru

Post by OneCD »

alagave wrote:How about letting me put newly downloaded media in a \Lidarr directory and then, after I check it, move it to the main \Music directory.
Create an "Enhancement" request here: https://github.com/lidarr/Lidarr/issues

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
gibxxi
Know my way around

Post by gibxxi »

You can exclude "Artist" folders that are unmatched (or by personal preference) by unchecking the checkbox on the left after selecting a parent folder of artists to import, on the import screen. Various Artists will be selected by default, so just uncheck it then click the import artists button and anything unmatched / unchecked will be skipped.
"Si vis pacem para bellum!"
NAS1: QNAP TS453-Pro (8GB, 4x4TB WD-Red Plus), NAS2: QNAP TS453-Mini (8GB, 4x2TB WD-Red).
Moogle Stiltzkin
Guru

Post by Moogle Stiltzkin »

alagave wrote:Running for over a week and I am pretty impressed.

Initial advice: 1) Move all of your "Various Artists" media to a folder not scanned by this app. 2) Make sure your tagging is 100% and your file structure is compatible, in MP3Tag terms this will be %albumartist%\%album%\%tracknumber% - %title%", and 3) Make a backup of the directory you intend to scan.

Initial Thoughts: I really do not like any app modifying the Music directory I spent so much time tagging!
How about letting me put newly downloaded media in a \Lidarr directory and then, after I check it, move it to the main \Music directory. I thought I had configured this but the app did something different. I also noted a ton of files this app deleted (at least moved to the recycle folder) with no real warning or reason I could easily determine. I'm sure it was a poor configuration choice of mine but this just points out the need for a backup before unleashing any app on your valuable MUSIC directory.
agreed :'
NAS
[Main Server] QNAP TS-877 (QTS) w. 4tb [ 3x HGST Deskstar NAS & 1x WD RED NAS ] EXT4 Raid5 & 2 x m.2 SATA Samsung 850 Evo raid1 +16gb ddr4 Crucial+ QWA-AC2600 wireless+QXP PCIE
[Backup] QNAP TS-653A (Truenas Core) w. 4x 2TB Samsung F3 (HD203WI) RaidZ1 ZFS + 8gb ddr3 Crucial
[^] QNAP TL-D400S 2x 4TB WD Red Nas (WD40EFRX) 2x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf, Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-509 Pro w. 4x 1TB WD RE3 (WD1002FBYS) EXT4 Raid5
[^] QNAP TS-253D (Truenas Scale)
[Mobile NAS] TBS-453DX w. 2x Crucial MX500 500gb EXT4 raid1

Network
Qotom Pfsense|100mbps FTTH | Win11, Ryzen 5600X Desktop (1x2tb Crucial P50 Plus M.2 SSD, 1x 8tb seagate Ironwolf,1x 4tb HGST Ultrastar 7K4000)

Resources
[Review] Moogle's QNAP experience
[Review] Moogle's TS-877 review
https://www.patreon.com/mooglestiltzkin
bendsch
Know my way around

Post by bendsch »

Update function does not work.

it fails with the following message:

Code: Select all

[v0.3.0.430] NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdateFailedException: Your Lidarr configuration '/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Lidarr/lidarr/.config/Lidarr' is being stored in application folder '/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Lidarr/lidarr' which will cause data lost during the upgrade. Please remove any symlinks or redirects before trying again.
  at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.EnsureAppDataSafety () [0x0006f] in <4bf81ae1ec7844d9b52ed2972521af00>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.InstallUpdate (NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdatePackage updatePackage) [0x00000] in <4bf81ae1ec7844d9b52ed2972521af00>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.Execute (NzbDrone.Core.Update.Commands.ApplicationUpdateCommand message) [0x0006e] in <4bf81ae1ec7844d9b52ed2972521af00>:0 

18-7-26 15:29:53.3|Error|CommandExecutor|Error occurred while executing task ApplicationUpdate

[v0.3.0.430] NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandFailedException: Failed ---> NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdateFailedException: Your Lidarr configuration '/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Lidarr/lidarr/.config/Lidarr' is being stored in application folder '/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Lidarr/lidarr' which will cause data lost during the upgrade. Please remove any symlinks or redirects before trying again.
  at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.EnsureAppDataSafety () [0x0006f] in <4bf81ae1ec7844d9b52ed2972521af00>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.InstallUpdate (NzbDrone.Core.Update.UpdatePackage updatePackage) [0x00000] in <4bf81ae1ec7844d9b52ed2972521af00>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.Execute (NzbDrone.Core.Update.Commands.ApplicationUpdateCommand message) [0x0006e] in <4bf81ae1ec7844d9b52ed2972521af00>:0 
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at NzbDrone.Core.Update.InstallUpdateService.Execute (NzbDrone.Core.Update.Commands.ApplicationUpdateCommand message) [0x000ee] in <4bf81ae1ec7844d9b52ed2972521af00>:0 
  at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommand[TCommand] (TCommand command, NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandModel commandModel) [0x000d0] in <4bf81ae1ec7844d9b52ed2972521af00>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object.CallSite.Target(System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite,NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor,object,NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandModel)
  at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecuteVoid3[T0,T1,T2] (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) [0x00035] in <7ffe722dd31b49be81844ccf72ae37cb>:0 
  at (wrapper dynamic-method) System.Object.CallSite.Target(System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,System.Runtime.CompilerServices.CallSite,NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor,object,NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandModel)
  at NzbDrone.Core.Messaging.Commands.CommandExecutor.ExecuteCommands () [0x0008c] in <4bf81ae1ec7844d9b52ed2972521af00>:0
NASmodesl: TS-459 Pro+ , TS-251
Skeptical.me
Easy as a breeze

Post by Skeptical.me »

alagave wrote:Running for over a week and I am pretty impressed.

Initial Thoughts: I really do not like any app modifying the Music directory I spent so much time tagging! How about letting me put newly downloaded media in a \Lidarr directory and then, after I check it, move it to the main \Music directory. I thought I had configured this but the app did something different. I also noted a ton of files this app deleted (at least moved to the recycle folder) with no real warning or reason I could easily determine. I'm sure it was a poor configuration choice of mine but this just points out the need for a backup before unleashing any app on your valuable MUSIC directory.

I still need to learn a lot more before I feel comfortable filling in lost tracks but I do have an idea. How about scanning my \OrphanTracks folder. I'll bet you have one too - somehow one of the tagger or media management programs we previously tried left some orphan tracks. I just move the to a folder so I can hopefully place them with their parent albums one day.

These are personal concerns and preferences that in no way detract from the fantastic app. I guess I am just more invested in my music than my movies and want ultimate control over how it is modified. I never worried about Radarr and Sonarr modifying my media but I did not spend hours tagging that media.

Do you find that Lidarr will search and find mainly Flac music files? I adjusted in settings for Lidarr to search for MP3's only but it's not finding many. I have 1500 albums all in the MP3 format, and Flac just takes up too much space.
QNAP TS-253Be 2 x WD Red 6TB RAID1, & 1 x WD Ext. 6TB, QTS: 4.5.3.1670

Plex, Radar, Sonarr, Lidarr, NZBGet, NZBHydra 2, Container Station

Return to “Apps Wanted”