Minimserver

Ask community developers’ help for your most wanted Apps and also discover what the hottest and ultimate Apps are.
Thierrylu
New here

Minimserver

Post by Thierrylu »

Ts212, V 4.0.7 : I cannot install minimserver 0.8.1 from app center, I get the message "waiting" and that´s all. JRE—ARM V 8.0.0 is present in "M'y applications". Please, help.
Briain
Experience counts

Re: Minimserver

Post by Briain »

Hi

A very warm welcome to the Qnap community forum! :)

There are ways you could do this, and I'd recommend the second method (leave JRE8 and download / install the file directly from the MinimServer downloads page). The first method used to work (as I did it accidentally) but I suspect it now won't, so though I'll mention both, just try the second one:

Method 1 (this might not work if the fault is at Qnap's end):

Try removing JRE 8 and then installing MinimServer (which installs and enables both, automatically). That isn't the official way to do it, but I tried that on a TS-219 and it automatically installed JRE 8 before installing MinimServer, but to be honest, that might not work of the problem is that MinimServer isn't downloadable via the Qnap web interface due to it being missing at Qnaps end of things (see Patrick's post, just below this one; I have very good reason to strongly suspect that he is correct).

Or...

Method 2 (this should work, just fine):

So, leaving JRE 8 installed and running, manually download the MinimServer Qnap ARM QPKG and install it by clicking on the 'Install Manually' button and browse to your downloaded file. Once it has installed itself, it should enable itself automatically, but if not, simply click on the enable button and you're good to go.

Bri
TS-119, 1 X Seagate ~~ TS-219, 2 X Seagate (R1) ~~ TS-453A, 2 X 3 TB WD Red (R1) ~~ TS-659, 5 X 1 TB Hitachi Enterprise (R6)
APC Smart-UPS 750
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

Thierrylu wrote:Ts212, V 4.0.7 : I cannot install minimserver 0.8.1 from app center, I get the message "waiting" and that´s all. JRE—ARM V 8.0.0 is present in "M'y applications". Please, help.
Hopefully QNAP will find their backups and actually restore the QPKGs to their App Center. Their server crashed about 3 weeks ago, and QNAP still has not fixed it properly. QNAP has been completely "silent" about this issue, so no one here really knows what is going on.

I suspect QNAP didn't have any backups, but because of their "complete silence" on this issue, nobody knows for sure.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
Thierrylu
New here

Post by Thierrylu »

Tank you very much Mr Brian : method 2 works and Minimserver is now running on my NAS.
simoncn
Starting out

Post by simoncn »

Thierrylu wrote:Ts212, V 4.0.7 : I cannot install minimserver 0.8.1 from app center, I get the message "waiting" and that´s all. JRE—ARM V 8.0.0 is present in "M'y applications". Please, help.
When you install MinimServer from the App Center, the App Center checks whether Java is already installed. If not, the App Center displays the "Waiting" mesage for several minutes while it installs the JRE_ARM package. There is no visible indication that this is happening. When the JRE_ARM installation has completed, you'll get a message from the App Center confirming this and the App Center will then show you progress indications that MinimServer is being downloaded and installed.
lgkahn
Starting out

Post by lgkahn »

need an old version of minimserver,, is is obnoxiouis to install an update that breaks it an requires a license without some kind of warning on the page.. no one goes and reads all the releae notes..

if anyone has copies please email mail at kahn@lgk.com

Return to “Apps Wanted”