Second Azure backup fails with "the folder name is not available" error

salvador4k
New here

Second Azure backup fails with "the folder name is not available" error

Post by salvador4k »

Hello there,
We have created a large backup set of ~ 130GB
The backup plan was set as Periodical(once a week)
The initial backup took around 6 days and completed successfully.
Just to make sure. In the middle of transfer, the job failed due to several files with invalid names; it was resumed successfully and eventually completed.

However, the subsequent job failed with error "the folder name is not available. Please select antoher one"

Code: Select all

2016-12-12 22:29:50,749 PID:13375 engine.py:560 cc ERROR exist a container, but job was never ran
2016-12-12 22:29:53,084 PID:13375 engine.py:404 cc ERROR ConnectorFolderExistError: the folder name is not available. Please select antoher one
2016-12-12 22:29:53,093 PID:13375 engine.py:1039 cc INFO clear watchdog and var/garbage folder
2016-12-12 22:29:53,242 PID:13375 engine.py:1056 cc INFO end backup job:1
How this could happen? Apparently it seems that the connection to the cloud storage is fine.
The local metadata.tar.gz and the file inside the blob container are identical.

Apparently this looks like different region is chosen? The configuration is "Global", not China.

Thank you
tstark
New here

Re: Second Azure backup fails with "the folder name is not available" error

Post by tstark »

I assume you used Hybrid Backup Station for this and if so, i think there is a bug, namely seems it tries to create folder each time it runs a backup task which for subsequent updates ends up with error.
Try to use Azure Storage app (separate app) which works fine to me

BTW, submitted this on their helpdesk and will let you know when I learn something else from them.
Cheers,
Tomasz (QNAP HS251+)
salvador4k
New here

Post by salvador4k »

Hi,
Sorry for a long delay - many other stuff on my desk.
Anyway, I used the Azure backup App and not Hybrid
The same happens even on most recent version of the app (1.1.414)
cwingard
New here

Post by cwingard »

I'm also unable to work around this error, folder name not available... I've tried the hybrid app over many iterations and each individual app (Google Cloud, AWS, and Azure! ALL have the problem like tstark has mentioned. It appears the folder, sometimes, tries to be created rather than just upping delta data to the existing folder.

Return to “Microsoft Azure”