warning: Exceeded the cloud usage threshold.

sp4rk3r
Starting out

warning: Exceeded the cloud usage threshold.

Post by sp4rk3r »

I've seen reports of this issue in the other cloud storage sub-forums here. I'm not sure what to make of it. I have a pay-as-you-go subscription with no quotas or alerts in place. I was previously using the Azure Cloud standalone application to backup the same amount of data. But when I switched to HBS3+, I started getting this warning after every daily backup. It's the same amount of data as the previous backup scheme. The only thing I did differently was turn on QuDedup. It could be related to the initial upload I suppose; but again - I have no quotas imposed on that account.

Is this something that can be ignored? Is anyone else seeing this warning?
sp4rk3r
Starting out

[SOLVED] Re: warning: Exceeded the cloud usage threshold.

Post by sp4rk3r »

I finally figured out what was going on. There seems to be a default storage limit of 200gb set by HBS that triggers a warning when exceeded. It doesn't inhibit the backup job in anyway. It just issues a warning. The setting is kind of buried in the UI. Go to the job, choose Edit->Rules->Options ... then scroll down to the bottom. You'll see a checkbox for Destination Storage Usage Limit. Uncheck it or set it to something appropriate.
tmowbrey
First post

Re: warning: Exceeded the cloud usage threshold.

Post by tmowbrey »

Thank you so much for this! Solved my issue too.

Return to “Microsoft Azure”