Resolved: Cloud storage access denial

gschodorf
First post

Resolved: Cloud storage access denial

Post by gschodorf »

I have been able to set up (connect) to my Glacier account in Account set up process,, but when I try to set up a backup job, I get the following error: "Cloud storage access denial" in the 6th panel of the backup create job process.

I went to the logs menu, clicked on the "i" and produced a log report. In the log report I receive the following:

2015-12-31 09:53:10,865 PID:16771 commandmgr.py:251 cc ERROR (ConnectorAccessDenialError(...), -2001, 'the access is denied by the cloud storage service. Please check your network settings and contact the service provider for detailed information')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/cgi/commandmgr.py", line 245, in do_command
File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/cgi/commandmgr.py", line 311, in cmd_test_cloud_container
File "./package/src/shared/bin/connector/awsglacierconnector.py", line 228, in test_container
File "./package/src/shared/bin/connector/awsglacierconnector.py", line 120, in check_unexpected_exception
ConnectorAccessDenialError: (ConnectorAccessDenialError(...), -2001, 'the access is denied by the cloud storage service. Please check your network settings and contact the service provider for detailed information')

app: Glacier cloud backup station version 1.1.371
Firmware: 4.2.0 build 20151118

Resolved: Went to AWS and created new keys. Added new account in QNAP Glacier, was able to create backup jobs.

Thanks for any help!
cal3thousand
New here

Re: Resolved: Cloud storage access denial

Post by cal3thousand »

I just wanted to post that I found this post helpful. I had already created keys, but after reading your post, I somehow thought about going into the groups and granting specific Glacier access to my target User.

I can now back up to Glacier! At 0.7 cents per GB per month, this is massively cheaper than fixed Google Drive's $2 for a paltry 100GB. I think I can get rid of Google Drive now and store everything on my NAS with the most important stuff backed up to Glacier. I think I will plan another off-site back up as well to round out my 3 copies.

Return to “Amazon Glacier”