Glacier 1.1.404 Upgrade Broke Job

nschmidt68
Starting out

Glacier 1.1.404 Upgrade Broke Job

Post by nschmidt68 »

After upgrading Glacier to 1.1.404, my backup job now reports:

[Glacier] Backup job [QNAP -> Glacier] failed because the vault name is not available (already exists). Please select another one.

Anyone else seeing this, or finding a solution besides wiping the job, and re-uploading all the data again?

TS-212
4.1.4 Build 20150522
lehrblogger
Starting out

Re: Glacier 1.1.404 Upgrade Broke Job

Post by lehrblogger »

I've gotten this error several times as well: after deleting and recreating the backup job, after reinstalling and reconfiguring the Glacier app, and after changing the credentials for the AWS IAM user account used by the Glacier app.

I have not yet found a solution other than re-uploading everything again and deleting the old vault. This is a waste of money, because then I have to pay for the upload requests, and pay to store multiple copies of my data, and in some cases, pay the charge for deleting the data prior 90 days.

Is there a technical reason for this limitation, or is there hope that this will be fixed in an upcoming version of the Glacier app?

Edit: This thread seems like a more specific example of the problem described in Glacier Backup to Existing Vault.
lehrblogger
Starting out

Re: Glacier 1.1.404 Upgrade Broke Job

Post by lehrblogger »

Someone mentioned in another thread that QNAP support recommended trying the Hybrid Backup app instead of the Glacier app. I haven't done so yet, but it's possible it has more intelligent job scheduling.

Return to “Amazon Glacier”