After upgrading QNAP FM to 4.2.4 Glacier App lost its config

vladisld
New here

After upgrading QNAP FM to 4.2.4 Glacier App lost its config

Post by vladisld »

I've just upgraded my QNAP TS-569 Pro to 4.2.4 Firmware. I have Glacier app at version 1.1.330. After running the Glacier App after the upgrade, all the configuration ( including the AWS account and jobs definitions) is gone.

I've generated the debug report and looking inside I do see my original jobs configuration (in Glacier\cloudconnector.admin.conf.dump) - however the application itself doesn't show it.

Anybody knows how to fix this problem and restore all Glacier jobs ? Or do I need to re-create the account and jobs from scratch (which is a pain) ?

Thanks
Vlad
lehrblogger
Starting out

Re: After upgrading QNAP FM to 4.2.4 Glacier App lost its config

Post by lehrblogger »

Unfortunately I don't know how to fix the problem and restore all Glacier jobs, but I just want to mention that, based on my experience, if you end up having to recreate the jobs, you will also have to select new vaults.

This was a problem for me since I had a lot of data and didn't want to pay the costs from duplicating it. I think Glacier Backup to Existing Vault is the central thread about the issue.
vladisld
New here

Post by vladisld »

This is what I see in the logs - seems as some configuration file error in Glacier python scripts:

Code: Select all

2017-03-17 23:57:11,160 PID:12854 commandmgr.py:146 cc ERROR ValueError= { "cmd": "list_jobs", "job_type": "backup", "REMOTE_ADDR": "$\u00157÷àEêö\u0002" }

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/cgi/commandmgr.py", line 144, in __load_from_json_string
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Glacier/python/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 351, in loads
    return cls(encoding=encoding, **kw).decode(s)
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Glacier/python/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/Glacier/python/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 382, in raw_decode
    obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf7 in position 1: invalid start byte
2017-03-17 23:57:11,163 PID:12854 cgid.py:79 cc ERROR Got an exception, try to rebind
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/daemon/cgid.py", line 72, in __execute_cmd
  File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/cgi/commandmgr.py", line 232, in load_command_from_str
  File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/cgi/commandmgr.py", line 204, in __parse_cgi_parameters
KeyError: 'cmd' 
Maybe someone from the Glacier developer team could take a look at it ?

Thanks
Vlad
vladisld
New here

Post by vladisld »

Upgrading the Glacier App to 1.1.413 seems to resolve the issue.

Return to “Amazon Glacier”