Creating a new Backup Job ends up in Cloud Storage Access Denial

maik.brauer
First post

Creating a new Backup Job ends up in Cloud Storage Access Denial

Post by maik.brauer »

Hi all,

I have installed the Glacier app on my TS-453A in order to backup my data in the AWS World.
I have created porperly the access keys and have already setup the account in the Glacier QNAP App.
But when it comes to the creation of a backup job, I get stuck at the point where it validates the Vault.
I type the correct fault name inside and use the button test to check the fault. Then I am getting the error: "Cloud Storage Access Denial"

In parallel I have tried with a Glacier Client applikation (FastGlacier) outside of QNAP Box and I could access the Glaciert Vault.
Therefore I have no permission issues as other apps can easily access. I have recreated access Keys and I have deleted the complete app already.
Without any success. Error code below out from the debug Traces:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/cgi/commandmgr.py", line 245, in do_command
File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/cgi/commandmgr.py", line 311, in cmd_test_cloud_container
File "./package/src/shared/bin/connector/awsglacierconnector.py", line 242, in test_container
File "./package/src/shared/bin/connector/awsglacierconnector.py", line 134, in check_unexpected_exception
ConnectorAccessDenialError: (ConnectorAccessDenialError(...), -2001, 'the access is denied by the cloud storage service. Please check your network settings and contact the service provider for detailed information')
2017-06-15 14:33:43,603 PID:28158 commandmgr.py:251 cc ERROR (ConnectorAccessDenialError(...), -2001, 'the access is denied by the cloud storage service. Please check your network settings and contact the service provider for detailed information')

Does anybode face the same issue? Or is there somebody who has solved this already and can share their findings?
Many Thanks.

Cheers
Maik
glynnr
Starting out

Re: Creating a new Backup Job ends up in Cloud Storage Access Denial

Post by glynnr »

I am seeing the Access Is Denied message regularly for 2 of my 5 backup jobs.

The error is intermittent with no clear pattern or trend.

Did you find a solution to your issue?
storageman
Ask me anything

Post by storageman »

Was FastGlacier on the same network, in which case it's not a ports out issue.
glynnr
Starting out

Post by glynnr »

storageman wrote:Was FastGlacier on the same network, in which case it's not a ports out issue.
No FastGlacier present on my machine but you have given me an idea. Does running multiple Glacier backups in parallel consume resources in a way where some jobs could be denied access?

Return to “Amazon Glacier”