Glacier Backup job is perpetually in status: Running (Scanning)

brandon.arnold
Starting out

Glacier Backup job is perpetually in status: Running (Scanning)

Post by brandon.arnold »

Can someone help me troubleshoot my longstanding Glacier backup job? It has been running fine for a couple of months. Yesterday, a problem started.

The job began at 3:00 a.m. as usual, but remained in a status of "Running (Scanning)" for a long time, until I stopped it at around 4:00 p.m. At 10:30 p.m. I started the job again, and it is still in a status of "Running (Scanning)" today, 18 hours later. The incremental changes do not seem such that it should have been taking this long, and there does not seem to be any uploading in progress, by my monitoring the network activity.

Is there anything I can do to get information about the backup job? Progress report, anything?

Note: On a probably unrelated note, thirty-five minutes after I started it again the second time, the device reported the following warning:

<BackupJob> is re-uploading /Path/to/file because it has been modified during backup.

It turns out, /Path/to/file was indeed a file that would have been changed during a scheduled workstation backup in my house that goes to the QNAP. So apparently the Glacier backup recognized the change that occurred.
brandon.arnold
Starting out

Re: Glacier Backup job is perpetually in status: Running (Scanning)

Post by brandon.arnold »

For the record, QNAP support did not respond to this ticket. I ended up completely re-creating the job with a new vault and have had no issues with it since.

Return to “Amazon Glacier”