How does HBS3 and QuDedup work on Amazon Glacier?

krunk
New here

How does HBS3 and QuDedup work on Amazon Glacier?

Post by krunk »

I've noticed the Glacier app is no longer supported and has been replaced by HSB 3 (Hybrid Backup Sync).

I've been playing with HBS 3 and the interface is much better but I had some questions regarding QuDedup.

1. There's a QuDedup Extract Tool exists Windows/Mac/Ubuntu: https://www.qnap.com/en-us/utilities/en ... utliity_18
However, it requires a qdff file. Is it possible to have this connect to Amazon Glacier or would I have to download the COMPLETE backup before I can use the extract tool?

2. I noticed it's not possible to re-link backup jobs with Amazon Glacier. However, it looks like it's possible to create restore jobs. I noticed it immediately had a list of all the files in my files (I presumed cached from my backup job). If I'm on a different QNAP NAS, how will this work? I also have password protection enabled and noticed it didn't require me to provide a password before beginning to restore.

3. If I don't have access to my QNAP NAS, is it possible to restore my backup (if it's deduped)?

4. Does it make sense to not use QuDedup for Amazon Glacier? If not, how can I restore password protected files (previously with the the Glacier app, I could use:

Code: Select all

openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc -k %password% -in %encrypted_file% -out %decrypted_file%

Return to “Amazon Glacier”