HBS-3 regularly fails with "System time not synchronized" error

bobcook
First post

HBS-3 regularly fails with "System time not synchronized" error

Post by bobcook »

I'm using Hybrid Backup Sync 3 (version 15.1.0225) to backup to S3 Glacier. I've got my AWS account setup correctly and have managed to have a few successful backups, however probably 4 out of 5 backups fail with an error:

[Hybrid Backup Sync] Failed to complete Backup job: "<redacted>". System time not synchronized. Manually correct system clock, or use an NTP service.. Check logs for more information.

I've definitely got a valid NTP server set, with a refresh rate of 1 hour. I've tested synching time then immediately doing a backup, and this fails frequently as well.

Not really sure what "logs" to check, and haven't found anything in the forums about this one. Hoping someone will have something useful to offer.

Not sure it matters but I'm using a TS-451+ running version 4.5.2.1594.

Thanks in advance,
Bob Cook
P3R
Guru

Re: HBS-3 regularly fails with "System time not synchronized" error

Post by P3R »

Since you have done what you can (run ntp hourly) it sound like that it's either a bug or flawed by design. Regardless of which, only Qnap can fix it. Please contact Qnap support for assistance.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “Amazon Glacier”