Backup/Sync App for Amazon Cloud Drive

JustRob
Starting out

Re: Backup/Sync App for Amazon Cloud Drive

Post by JustRob »

Cool, is that only available for ARM? I Have a TS-451+ (x86_64). I couldn't find any such app in the App Center.
whoslistening
New here

Post by whoslistening »

How do you get the Hybrid Backup Sync app? I don't see it in the store
bsteiner36
Starting out

Post by bsteiner36 »

I also do not see it and i have a TS-451 as well.
Model: TS-451
Firmware: 4.1.3
HardDrive: Drive1/2 - WD RED 3TB in RAID 0 (WD30EFRX)
HardDrive: Drive 3 - Hitachi 1TB (HDS72101KLA330)
SSD: Drive 4 - Crucial 512GB SSD CACHE (CT512MX100SSD1)
Network: Port Trunking Balance XOR
thunderace1k
Know my way around

Post by thunderace1k »

Not recommended: this application is far from reliable. Jobs are not shown, QTS hangs... Not a winner from Qnap.
MichaelAsg
Starting out

Post by MichaelAsg »

If they removed it, means it's maintained... meaning there is hope to have a working one soon.
MichaelAsg
Starting out

Post by MichaelAsg »

Installed the above apps, they do install and start, BUT there is no Amazon Cloud Drive option in the "Cloud" when you create the Storage Space. Just Amazon S3 and Glacier, along Googledrive and Azure and etc

Ideas?

http://screencast.com/t/oFMa89rzwsM
bsaunier
First post

Post by bsaunier »

MichaelAsg wrote:Installed the above apps, they do install and start, BUT there is no Amazon Cloud Drive option in the "Cloud" when you create the Storage Space. Just Amazon S3 and Glacier, along Googledrive and Azure and etc

Ideas?

You are right if you go under storage space there is not an option but if you go to overview and click sync or snyc now and select cloud you can use your Amazon Cloud account. I just set it up today it works beautifully, currently syncing 36GB of pictures to Amazon.
trigtrig
Starting out

Post by trigtrig »

Interesting. I have had no issue so far with using the above links for Hybrid Backup Sync and Cloud Backup Sync. I am running a TS-563.

I simply installed the Hybrid first, ran it until it asked for the Cloud pkg. After installing that, I was able to talk directly with Amazon Cloud Drive to push 130GB of crashplan backup archives to ACD. This is a test, but I intend on pushing the rest of my data to ACD in the continuous sync mode.

I have only heard of issues surrounding these two beta packages. Has anyone else successfully used them as I have?
intel.dork
Starting out

Post by intel.dork »

bsaunier wrote:
MichaelAsg wrote:Installed the above apps, they do install and start, BUT there is no Amazon Cloud Drive option in the "Cloud" when you create the Storage Space. Just Amazon S3 and Glacier, along Googledrive and Azure and etc

Ideas?

You are right if you go under storage space there is not an option but if you go to overview and click sync or snyc now and select cloud you can use your Amazon Cloud account. I just set it up today it works beautifully, currently syncing 36GB of pictures to Amazon.
Can you please give an overview of how exactly you are syncing your photos to the Amazon Cloud?
Which QTS app are you using? Also is your NAS Intel or ARM based? Thanks!
dinlo
Starting out

Post by dinlo »

The cloud drive sync app in app center doesn't support Amazon Cloud. Might I know any update on this? Thanks
intel.dork
Starting out

Post by intel.dork »

I installed the qpkgs from this thread and got them configured and working...somewhat. I had it set up to mirror my directory of Pictures on the NAS to ACD.

I was getting frequent errors reporting not being able to mirror specific files and, eventually the job would fail, and remain in failed state. Are other experiencing similar issues? I am running TS-219P with QTS 4.2.0

I explored other options (e.g. RTRR) but ran into similar kind of instability.

I am going down the path of trying acd_cli, but getting that on my NAS is proving quite challenging.
  • Needs Python 3.5 - There is a QPKG for that...however when using that QPKG can't import sqlite3 :(
  • So...trying to compile Python 3.5 from scratch and hitting all kinds of hurdles...
Will update with progress....The build is slow enough on the NAS to allow me to read the QDK docs and learn how to use it .... Tangent question do the people who build their own QPKGs use the NAS itself to do it?
jrb9406
First post

Post by jrb9406 »

try sync back pro. I use it, it works. it's about $60, but worth it considering there's no hassle.
intel.dork
Starting out

Post by intel.dork »

Thanks for the suggestion @jrb9406.

I don't keep a Windows PC running 24/7, that's kind of where the NAS comes in.
windowshopper
New here

Post by windowshopper »

QNAPJason wrote:Hi, in the upcoming QTS 4.2.0 in Q3, Amazon Cloud Drive will be supported
Jason,
I'm not familiar with your products so can you please clarify:
If I purchase the T-231, is there currently a tool to to connect it to Amazon Cloud drive without extensive technical configuration?
I don't know what QTS 4.2.0 is.

http://www.amazon.com/QNAP-TS-231-Perso ... op?ie=UTF8

Thanks!

- matt

Return to “Amazon S3”