Backup/Sync App for Amazon Cloud Drive

alessiotst
New here

Re: Backup/Sync App for Amazon Cloud Drive

Post by alessiotst »

I installed the Hybrid Backup Sync app which supports amazon cloud drive. Just installed and configured, now it's syncing, let's hope it works!
marc.garcia
Easy as a breeze

Post by marc.garcia »

Just installed this app and Amazon is not an option yet. Does anybody have any update on this?

thanks
310Flyer
Starting out

Post by 310Flyer »

You have to create the job as a SYNC, not a BACKUP for Amazon Cloud Drive option to show up
efaden
Getting the hang of things

Post by efaden »

If I set concurrent to > 1 it fails with errors.... anyone else have this?
tomas.kocanda
Getting the hang of things

Post by tomas.kocanda »

efaden wrote:If I set concurrent to > 1 it fails with errors.... anyone else have this?
Same here ;(
mmiat
Starting out

Post by mmiat »

Hi
I've tried this morning but it hangs after a while
so I've tried with rclone, it seems ok but sometimes it gives me error "429 Too Many Requests"
maybe there are some limitations with Amazon Cloud?
thanks
metaldarkmessiah
First post

Post by metaldarkmessiah »

Hi, I tried Hybrid Backup with ACD but the upload speed really ** (2MB). Tried reinstalling the app with no new results.

Anyone can help me?
mmiat
Starting out

Post by mmiat »

I think ACD ha some limits, but it's not declared. I've tried to upload using rclone, same error, until I limit bandwidth
at this time, limiting to 10M it works well, I've to try to increase
bcamacho
First post

Post by bcamacho »

I just got it working on my ts-451 but it seems really slow, has anyone else had speed issues?
finnbar
New here

Post by finnbar »

I have it up and running. It syncs to my Amazon Cloud Drive at around 800kbps - reallly slowly for a fibre connection - then after around 5 mins the process hangs and repeatedly takes down our internet connection. I've been in touch with our ISP and they can see the outages. They advised me to get our internal network wiring tested, which we did, and all are fine. If I stop the backup sync our connection is solid and stable. If I start it again, we repeatedly lose our connection.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Beyond frustrating. The primary reason I bought the NAS was for cloud backup.
krapik
New here

Post by krapik »

It's been bugging me too, so I dug a bit, and it looks like the sync job is stuck with sockets in CLOSE_WAIT state. I set concurrent uploads to 1, and somehow ended up with 3 sockets stuck in CLOSE_WAIT state. I'm not a networking guru, but I believe closing the socket in CLOSE_WAIT is the client's responsibility. There are ways to kill a socket connection from command line, so presumably it's possible to write a daemon shell script to monitor and close sockets. Unfortunately, I just got my NAS this weekend (new to QNAP) and didn't quite figure out how to install all the normal Linux utilities there. I get this:

Code: Select all

[/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CloudBackupSync/ui] # lsof -i:443 | grep CLOSE_WAIT           
python    10029 admin   28u  IPv4 7497846      0t0  TCP MandM-NAS:49378->205.251.243.243:https (CLOSE_WAIT)
python    10029 admin   31u  IPv4 7821713      0t0  TCP MandM-NAS:42783->176.32.103.13:https (CLOSE_WAIT)
python    10029 admin   32u  IPv4 7737037      0t0  TCP MandM-NAS:56809->ec2-54-84-199-184.compute-1.amazonaws.com:https (CLOSE_WAIT)

Code: Select all

[/share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CloudBackupSync/ui] # netstat -ane|grep CLOSE_WAIT|grep ':443'
netstat: no support for `AF INET6 (tcp)' on this system.
netstat: no support for `AF INET6 (udp)' on this system.
netstat: no support for `AF INET6 (raw)' on this system.
tcp       32      0 192.168.1.109:49378     205.251.243.243:443     CLOSE_WAIT  
tcp       32      0 192.168.1.109:42783     176.32.103.13:443       CLOSE_WAIT  
tcp      136      0 192.168.1.109:56809     54.84.199.184:443       CLOSE_WAIT  
And 10029 is the PID of the sync job. So... You do get the local socket number with netstat, but tcpkill or other tools to kill the socket are not available on the stock Linux.
Tech support was, of course, clueless...
krapik
New here

Post by krapik »

From what I understand, this is due to Amazon not responding to the FIN request of the client,and the client (NAS) doesn't handle it correctly. I think we do have more control of the NAS than we do of Amazon, so I'll see if I can write a script to monitor and kill these sockets so that the job can resume. You can't just kill the whole sync process because it also cancels the sync job. We just want to simulate closing of the socket from the Amazon's side.
lyapounov
New here

Post by lyapounov »

I am just testing this app.
I have 3T of data in amazon cloud, that were synced from a synology. Now trying to sync to my Qnap. But the trick is most of my datas were already synced using an external HD

First issue I see : Qnap test for syncing is on the date of creation, while Synology is on the filesize. So it starts resyncing the whole 3T :-(

Second issue : firefox on a macbook, the interface is not clear, in the sense some "< div >" are just not well rendered, and some parts are jammed into one another. This is in the detailed section, were you choose what to do in case of conflict

Third issue : this important dialog (what to do in case of conflict) is no longer reachable once the sync job has been created.

Qnap is surprisingly late compared to synology ! Better hardware for sure, but not as good sw

Return to “Amazon S3”