S3+ Constantly Fails "because of unknown error"

JonGold
New here

S3+ Constantly Fails "because of unknown error"

Post by JonGold »

How am I supposed to diagnose an error like "failed because of unknown error".

Need help.
popstr
New here

Re: S3+ Constantly Fails "because of unknown error"

Post by popstr »

I have the same error. "Unknown error" and nothing else.
It manages to upload some files but then randomly fails.

I have a similar problem when using Plex. Movie Works fine för 20 seconds, then stops.

Seems to be some kind of network error. Will try using the other ethernet jack.
popstr
New here

Post by popstr »

There was an update for the s3 plugin today. Installed it. Still same unknown error.

Tried the other ethernet jack. Same unknown error.

I might as well use my qnap as a footstool at this point.
Gooner70
New here

Post by Gooner70 »

I have the same issue when trying to set up a back up job it picks up the account but when I test the connection I get unknown error no help what so ever!!!!!
TPTFrank
New here

Post by TPTFrank »

I'm getting the same issues Gooner. S3+ recognizes the account but once I try and set up the bucket I get "unknown error". As I keep trying a window flashes with (Checking container metadatabase, please wait.." then the "unknown error" pops up.
hits123
First post

Post by hits123 »

I am having the same issue - "Checking container meta-data database" and then get "Unknown Error"... Please help
shrff
New here

Post by shrff »

I'm also having this error. I've created a new bucket and when I select it as part of a new backup task, it gives me the 'Unknown error'.

I'd like to add however that when I select an existing bucket (i.e. one that was created a while ago for a different purpose) it doesn't throw the error. I can't use those buckets however as they're being used for something else but thought it may be worth pointing out as it may help the developers.
shrff
New here

Post by shrff »

Not sure if this will fix your problem but I had a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?f=327&t=129335

I managed to SSH into my QNAP and find the error log which was throwing an error of: When using SigV4, you must specify a 'host' parameter.

From this I figured that I was creating a new bucket in EU London which doesn't seem to be supported. Created new bucket in EU Ireland and it worked instantly! I suppose they may need to update the python library that they are using to add the new regions or something?

Return to “Amazon S3”