TS-863U-RP - slow uploads using S3 Plus

McFuzz
Starting out

TS-863U-RP - slow uploads using S3 Plus

Post by McFuzz »

Hi all,

While the setup itself was painless and has gone through smoothly, I am experiencing very slow uploads to S3 from our QNAP. When the job launches, it will peg our upload, but a few minutes later it will drop down to about a megabit... it may peg again briefly a short while later but usually it will just sit at a megabit. I tried using big and small multipart settings, tried using big file sizes (20 gig) and small ones (1 gig) - to no avail...

Any recommendations? We aren't doing anything unusual to our outbound traffic... in fact other groups within our org use AWS and S3 but only we use a QNAP device.

Thanks!
nickrego
New here

Re: TS-863U-RP - slow uploads using S3 Plus

Post by nickrego »

I am backing up to Amazon AWS S3 and experiencing 1.4Mbs transfer rates. Tried turning off Encryption and SSL, with no change. Typically I get 10 - 12Mbs upload speeds with other transfer activity on my system. I have also tested it using the S3 Accelerator feature with no increase in speed.
McFuzz
Starting out

Re: TS-863U-RP - slow uploads using S3 Plus

Post by McFuzz »

So in case anyone is wondering - I've been trying (keyword trying) to resolve this by working with QNAP support.

So far, my experience has been pretty abysmal. I've been asked about 5 different times (by several different people) to provide logs... which yielded nothing. Then I got assigned a SME (I can only guess he's an SME) named Keith who scheduled two different troubleshooting sessions and flaked on both.

Email response is also very poor; have to email 2-3 times for updates. Phone support is nothing to write about either - putting me on hold for about 10 minutes before saying "you'll get a call back" and of course getting none.

Overall, as the great CheetoLeader would say - BAD!

Return to “Amazon S3”