Have QTS Version 4.2.6 but do not see Hybrid Backup

Moose Caller
New here

Have QTS Version 4.2.6 but do not see Hybrid Backup

Post by Moose Caller »

Have QTS Version 4.2.6 but do not see Hybrid Backup app or cannot add. I assume this is the path to backup or is there a way through Backup Station once the AWS account is setup and we have the keys ?
Thanks,
Karl
P3R
Guru

Re: Have QTS Version 4.2.6 but do not see Hybrid Backup

Post by P3R »

You don't say what Qnap model you're using (please always do when asking questions) but have you checked in the App Center for the Hybrid Backup Sync app?
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
Moose Caller
New here

Post by Moose Caller »

Sorry it is a TS-659 Pro II. I did check the App Center but did not see HBS.
Hopefully there is a manual download
Thanks
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
Moose Caller
New here

Post by Moose Caller »

Sorry it is a TS-659 Pro II. I did check the App Center but did not see HBS.
Hopefully there is a manual download
Thanks
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

here is the HBS1 for that.. basically one extra click from the previous link .. manual download is top right
https://www.qnap.com/en/app_center/con_ ... 2.2&seq=48
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

Why do you post the same thing twice?
Have you tried clicking the link to the Hybrid Backup Sync download specific for your model that I have in my previous post here?

Moose Caller
New here

Post by Moose Caller »

Thanks for info
Installed and setup AWS S3 account prior but at very end of HBS3 install we get "Network Connection Error"
Uninstalled and reinstalled HBS3 with same results. Not sure where next?
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

Moose Caller wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:08 pm Thanks for info
Installed and setup AWS S3 account prior but at very end of HBS3 install we get "Network Connection Error"
Uninstalled and reinstalled HBS3 with same results. Not sure where next?
I'm not a AWS user so have no experience. Please contact Qnap support for assistance.

Moose Caller
New here

Post by Moose Caller »

Yes I have opened a ticket.

Return to “Amazon S3”