QNAP to S3 Progress Bar

Bargog
New here

QNAP to S3 Progress Bar

Post by Bargog »

Hey guys,

I'm uploading a huge backup (5To) to Amazon S3.

First of all, according to my NAS I'm currently uploading at 1Mo/s (ressources monitor), I find it strange since we have a 6Mo/s upload connection.
Second, is there a way to see the progress of the replication ? If my caculs are good it will take more than 57 days at 1Mo/s...

Thank you.
dgypnas
Starting out

Re: QNAP to S3 Progress Bar

Post by dgypnas »

I don't have the answer but I just setup S3 for the first time and it's going to take somewhere between 5 and 9 days to upload 200GB. And I've got another 500-600GB to backup so yeah, the experience is similar for me.

Comcast "pro plus something".. Supposed to give me 175Mbps download but I can't for the life of me find what they claim is the upload speed. My QNAP shows a SOLID 800Kbps and when I run a speedtest on another machine while the QNAP is uploading I get around 2Mbps.

I believe I typically test at 5Mbps upload so either something's not right with the QNAP upload or my expectations of how this would work are WACK! I suspect the latter.

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE having similar experiences, or better yet - better luck!

I am suspicious that Comcast plays games with upload speeds. I'm so tempted to change providers but I have to say, they have been extremely reliable for the last 10 years and both my wife and work from home so I HAVE to have me's internets!

Return to “Amazon S3”