HB3 sync to S3 issues

tfrancois
First post

HB3 sync to S3 issues

Post by tfrancois »

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a HBS3 sync job to sync CCTV recording done with QVR Pro to an S3 bucket
I am facing several issue at the moment:

setup:
I am recording 2 cameras from 7am to 7pm and configured a sync job to run after 7pm every working days.
I keep my recording on the NAS for 30 days and want the recording of these 2 cameras to be uloaded on S3 on S3 for a longer backup.

Issues:
1- issue: Sync job complete successfully without error but never sync the whole data. I have to schedule the sync job to run every 40min or so to upload all daily recording in several batches.
=> Is there a way to avoid this and upload all at once?

2- issue: Sometimes I have some error saying : Failed to complete Sync job: The job has exceeded the maximum allowed number of skipped files
=> Since I want to keep the recording locally on the NAS, how can I avoid to skip the fies that were already uploaded without having this error message ?

3- issue: Sometimes, the job fails and error logs says: Failed to upload file/folder to ... Disk error. Check NAS disks.
=> I can see that for example the script will run succesfully for 2 occurance then drop this error for the next few occurance, then will complete successfully for the next ones. I have check my storage pools and don't find any issues in it. How can I troubleshoot this issue and fix it?

With all these issues cumulated I have some difficulties to upload every evening all the recordings of the day. I opened a ticket on QNAP assistance but I did not obtained any helpfull answer. Has anyone faced these issues before and managed to find a solution?

Return to “Amazon S3”