Unknown error while uploading to Box

campusantu
Starting out

Unknown error while uploading to Box

Post by campusantu »

Hi, I scheduled a backup of a couple of folders (about 10 GB) to box, but I'm getting errors and the backup stops. I could sure increase the number of errors that trigger the stop (default: 10) but that's not the point.
The errors I'm getting are something like: "

Code: Select all

[WebDAV] Backup job [jobname] cannot upload file /share/homes/giorgio/some_path.jpg because of unknown error. Please try again.
".
I tried to restart the backup but I get the same errors again. Between the 1st run of backup, 3 out of the 10 errors were "

Code: Select all

[WebDAV] Backup job [jobname] cannot upload file /share/homes/giorgio/some_path because there is insufficient space left in the cloud storage. Please contact the service provider for detailed information regarding the limitation
", and I obviously am not out of space, in fact I filled about 1.5/50GB (that 1.5GB is what the QNAP already backed up) so it has plenty of space for the whole backup.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't know if I can get some more detailed log somewhere by logging with ssh. I am running the latest QPKG version (1.1.330) on latest firmware (4.1.2 build 0126). Thanks
paulchu

Re: Unknown error while uploading to Box

Post by paulchu »

Hi, please find an i button on the top-right corner of the WebDav App window. Pressing it leads you to a download debug log button. Please send the log to QNAP support team. Thank you.
adroin
Starting out

Re: Unknown error while uploading to Box

Post by adroin »

Hi all,

I've just solved a similar issue with a Backup job that uses the WebDAV emulation and the box.com service, so I wanted to let you know how :
- I generated the debug log, as suggested by @paulchu, and it showed lines like "Stdout: Unknown option 12EE."
- I then realized that '12EE' was the part of the password I used, the one part that comes after a comma (,).
- I changed the password on box.com, choosing one that uses no special characters (only digits and alphabeticals)
- I updated the account configuration in the Backup App and it was all fixed.

Return to “WebDAV-based Backup”