Subfolders not possible / backing up to wrong folders

DavidLibido
New here

Subfolders not possible / backing up to wrong folders

Post by DavidLibido »

First of all: I can't create a job to backup to subfolders. I have a folder in my cloud environment called "backups", in which I have separate folders for every machine.
So I added my webdav account with url mycloudprovider.com/webdav.php, and added a job to backup to /backups/machine1. This is not possible. I had to enter mycloudprovider.com/webdav.php/backups as the url and set machine1 as the folder in the backup job. Also I can't select folders in my cloud environment, I have to type it myself.

Second: using the workaround aboice I've created a backup job to backup folder "machine1" on my Nas to folder "/backups/machine1" on my cloud environment. I started the job, and it backups to "/backups/QNAP/CloudBackup/machine1/Backup/machine".
-I can understand the creation of the folders QNAP, CloudBackup and Backup (although CloudBackup and Backup seem a bit redundant), but I don't want it.
-Why is "X" in this path twice?
I would like to be able to just set the path myself.

Seems to me this app has a lot of issues.
zionsville
Starting out

Re: Subfolders not possible / backing up to wrong folders

Post by zionsville »

I just want to chime in that I experienced the same problems. Yes, it appears this app does have significant issues.

Return to “WebDAV-based Backup”