WebDAV Backup usable? Alternatives?

PsychoD
Starting out

WebDAV Backup usable? Alternatives?

Post by PsychoD »

Hi,

we need a web-based backup of some of the QNAPs content, which absolutely needs to be client side encrypted and uses the rsync algorithm, since we are talking about several TB of data. So I registered a testaccount with Strato HiDrive to test HybridBackupSync in combination with CloudBackupSync. Unfortunately, it still seems to be very beta.

With some research in this forum I managed to get HiDrive up and running as backup target (I had some problems with the link). After that, I got cryptic error messages 'the path is invalid. Please check the naming rules and retry again', which somehow disappeared after I reduced the concurrently processed files from 5 to 2. After starting the first testbackup, I noticed that there was no to very low bandwith or CPU usage. I checked the process this morning, and the last upload had happened around 5AM. So after 8 hours of upload the backup seems to have frozen. Only ~2GB had been uploaded until then (the line has a bandwith of 10 MBit for upload so I had expected at least 15-20GB) had been uploaded. There is no error or log entry though.

Can anyone advise what is wrong? Did anyone get this running with a reasonable speed and reliability? Which alternative could I try?

TIA!

Kind regards
psy

Return to “WebDAV-based Backup”