Pcloud webdav?

bristoljon
New here

Re: Pcloud webdav?

Post by bristoljon »

+1 I've contacted QNAP and pCloud as well. I guess will have to compress to a single file and back that up instead for now
leyeti
Getting the hang of things

Post by leyeti »

Having check if Synology users got same issue : Yes, they also had in 2017 trouble with pCloud WebDav. Don't know if it's now working.
TS-431X2 V5.0.1.2248
bristoljon
New here

Post by bristoljon »

-nth- wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:45 pm I've opened a ticket with support on this so we'll see what they have to say.

In the mean time I've been able to figure out the problem is related to the QNAP creating folders on the webdav endpoint. If I create the full folder path manually (via Windows Explorer), the QNAP will successfully upload all the files!

When I look at the debug log for the failed uploads I consistently see this error:

Code: Select all

2017-09-18 08:52:25,726 PID:30323 webdavconnector.py:678 cc ERROR create remote folder fail: QNAP/CloudBackup/Test/Public/Test
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./package/src/shared/bin/connector/webdavconnector.py", line 672, in _test_and_create_folder
  File "./package/src/shared/python-lib/easywebdav/client.py", line 307, in mkdirs
OperationFailed: Failed to create directory "QNAP".
  URL           :  https://webdav.pcloud.com:443/QNAP
  Operation     :  MKCOL QNAP
  Expected code :  201 Created, 301 Moved Permanently, 403 Forbidden, 405 Method Not Allowed
  Actual code   :  200 OK
Just posting this to further detail the issue for others interested. If you do happen to have thoughts on how to get the QNAP to create folders via webdav, please post!
Just wondering if a possible solution would be to proxy the requests through a system that converts 200's to 201's on the fly? Kind of a man in the middle attack? I guess even if this was possible, changing all the 200's from pCloud to be 201's would cause other issues so might have to be cleverer than that..

Just an idea, it's bloody annoying though
bristoljon
New here

Post by bristoljon »

Also has anyone tried using this? https://www.qnapclub.eu/en/qpkg/634
leyeti

Post by leyeti »

I don't.
Seems this Apps is chargeable ???
TS-431X2 V5.0.1.2248
bristoljon
New here

Post by bristoljon »

Ha, so this is weird. I tried installing and configuring WebDav from the app center. It failed for the same reason.

I then noticed you can mount remote drives from within the file station and configure web dav details so I added pCloud. It worked and I could see the remote folder. As a test I created a folder and it worked!

Now copying the folders I want to back up and all seems to be working so it seems File Station uses a different and more relaxed implementation of WebDav protocol than Hybrid Backup Sync. There is no way to automate a periodical backup from file station though but at least this works for setting up the initial folder structure. After this hybrid backup sync might work for backing up new files and I'll just have to use file station manually when new folders are added.
leyeti

Post by leyeti »

Thx for your feedback :)
TS-431X2 V5.0.1.2248
valiant
New here

Post by valiant »

Old thread, but... I use HBS3 backing up to pCloud via WebDav and seems to work well. Only problem is that if you do this, you can't use multifactor authentication (evidently). Also make sure to use encryption
G7_2o_sys
First post

Post by G7_2o_sys »

+1. Hopefully this request is gaining critical mass. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dolbyman
Guru

Post by dolbyman »

+1 here have no mass at all, as QNAP does not come here, only tickets help
kuznetsoff
Starting out

Post by kuznetsoff »

+1 for adding pCloud support to HBS 3.
TS-453a