Pcloud webdav?

-nth-
New here

Pcloud webdav?

Post by -nth- »

Has anyone used the webdav capability of https://www.pcloud.com?

It looks like a decent cloud storage provider and they just started offering "lifetime" plans.

The webdav side looks to be pretty vanilla https://webdav.pcloud.com. It reports to be running Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server.

However I can't get the CloudBackupSync or WebDAV apps to work with it. (I'm running a TS-453mini with the latest firmware, 4.3.3.0299 and all apps are up to date)

Both apps appear to authenticate ok. The QNAP created a root folder of QNAP\CloudBackup on my Pcloud account but then fails to upload anything under that folder. With the CloudBackupSync app I get an error of "Invalid path or permission denied. Check the file and try again." With the WebDAV app the error is slightly different "Job failed to create folders on the cloud storage."

I am able to login to Pcloud webdav just fine through Windows file explorer and create files and folders.

Any pointers on getting this to work would be appreciated!
-nth-
New here

Re: Pcloud webdav?

Post by -nth- »

I've opened a ticket with support on this so we'll see what they have to say.

In the mean time I've been able to figure out the problem is related to the QNAP creating folders on the webdav endpoint. If I create the full folder path manually (via Windows Explorer), the QNAP will successfully upload all the files!

When I look at the debug log for the failed uploads I consistently see this error:

Code: Select all

2017-09-18 08:52:25,726 PID:30323 webdavconnector.py:678 cc ERROR create remote folder fail: QNAP/CloudBackup/Test/Public/Test
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./package/src/shared/bin/connector/webdavconnector.py", line 672, in _test_and_create_folder
  File "./package/src/shared/python-lib/easywebdav/client.py", line 307, in mkdirs
OperationFailed: Failed to create directory "QNAP".
  URL           :  https://webdav.pcloud.com:443/QNAP
  Operation     :  MKCOL QNAP
  Expected code :  201 Created, 301 Moved Permanently, 403 Forbidden, 405 Method Not Allowed
  Actual code   :  200 OK
Just posting this to further detail the issue for others interested. If you do happen to have thoughts on how to get the QNAP to create folders via webdav, please post!
-nth-
New here

Post by -nth- »

So seeing that the debug log lists a python library called "easywebdav" I did some investigating.

I see that there appears to be an open issue in it's mkdirs function as documented on its github page.

I wonder if that has anything to do with this specific problem?
-nth-
New here

Post by -nth- »

In working with QNAP support, they've stated the Pcloud isn't one of their supported webdav partners (which I already knew). The best they could offer for now was to put in an enhancement request to have it officially supported (which I did). Hopefully we'll see it added!
mseewald
Starting out

Post by mseewald »

Hi,
I have the same issue. Is there a way to support the request?
Are there any workarounds such as other webdav clients?
Kind regards,
Michael
-nth-
New here

Post by -nth- »

The main issue appears to be that the QNAP can't create folders on Pcloud. In testing I was able to manually create the folder structure needed in Pcloud and then the QNAP WebDAV sync would work just fine. So if you can create a relatively flat file structure with few folders that's about the best work around I've found so far. Hopefully QNAP will just fix the WebDAV implementation they use.
berndg
First post

Post by berndg »

Seconded!
I, too, hope to use pcloud for Qnap CloudSync. This just became even more appealing than before because Amazon announced the discontinuation of their "unlimited" drive subscription a few days ago.
Hopefully someone at qnap is listening...
hophop
First post

Post by hophop »

Same here!

Used serval tools and with webdav the folders QNAP en Cloudbackup are created, but the files are not uploading.
What does work is Duplicity, but then the files are compressed and zipped. (Compression-method-none is not wokring, files always zipped, but not compressed)
I use a virtualmachine (ubuntu) on mu TS-251+ (8gig mem) so the files are syncing. (but not the best option and resources lost)...
Hope its an option in the future.
MichaelAsg
Starting out

Post by MichaelAsg »

any news for pcloud on qnap?
zebulon2
Getting the hang of things

Post by zebulon2 »

Integrating pCloud in the Hybrid Backup Sync would be great. However, meanwhile there is Duplicati that does AES-256 encryption in option.
johnnix
New here

Post by johnnix »

+1 on pCLoud support in Hybrid Backup Sync :)
leyeti

Post by leyeti »

+1 for pCloud WebDav to be supported by QNAP ( one year now the ticket is open, and still not working :cry: )
TS-431X2 V5.0.1.2248
LukeZi
First post

Post by LukeZi »

+1 on pCLoud support in Hybrid Backup Sync
leyeti

Post by leyeti »

Here is the answer from pCloud support
Subject: Re: RE: RE: [pCloud #128044] Pcloud.com feedback: I have a Technical issue
Importance: High
Hello Philippe,
Thanks for your email.
I understand your point. We have contacted them several times but for now, there is not any progress. I will let you know once there is any improvements.
Regards,
Kelly
What else ????
Thanks to QNAP for it's help
TS-431X2 V5.0.1.2248
bigornoo
Starting out

Post by bigornoo »

+1 for me !

Return to “WebDAV-based Backup”