Extremly slow sync to webDav server (30kb/s)

bobhy
New here

Extremly slow sync to webDav server (30kb/s)

Post by bobhy »

Hallo, I checked Hybrid Backup sync and backup tu WebDav server is now extremly slow (about 30kb/s !!!). Conectivity to ISP is correct (actual bandwidth about 200Mb/s). Test to webDav server is OK. Upload files to webDav server directly from pc is about 150-190M. No firewall restrictions to port 443 on the way. I dont know how long is this situation, but I know few weeks ago everything wes all right.

QNAP TS-231+
FW: 4.3.6.0959
Hybrid Backup Sync: 2.1.190329
P3R
Guru

Re: Extremly slow sync to webDav server (30kb/s)

Post by P3R »

Syncing of files already present on the destination will be slow but at least those files don't need to be transferred. It's worse if there are many small files compared to fewer larger files.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!
bobhy
New here

Post by bobhy »

After my investigation I found that problem is IPv6. When I disable IPv6 syncing is OK. After enable v6 sync is extremly slow. Both sides (this NAS x webDav server) are with dual stack and IPv6 is functional. Is it possible that Hybrid Backup has bug with IPv6? Access from PC to webDav server over v6 is OK.
P3R
Guru

Post by P3R »

bobhy wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:26 pm Is it possible that Hybrid Backup has bug with IPv6?
Yes.

Experience with IPv6, HBS and WebDAV is probably limited in the community. Please contact Qnap support.
RAID have never ever been a replacement for backups. Without backups on a different system (preferably placed at another site), you will eventually lose data!

A non-RAID configuration (including RAID 0, which isn't really RAID) with a backup on a separate media protects your data far better than any RAID-volume without backup.

All data storage consists of both the primary storage and the backups. It's your money and your data, spend the storage budget wisely or pay with your data!

Return to “WebDAV-based Backup”