Anyone using WebDAV CloudBackup App?

paulchu

Anyone using WebDAV CloudBackup App?

Post by paulchu »

Hi, Is there anyone using WebDAV for cloud backup? There are many online drives that support WebDAV, and many of them offer free space. Does this App works for you, and is there any suggestion? We would like to hear from you!
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Re: Anyone using WebDAV CloudBackup App?

Post by doktornotor »

1/ It does not work with OneDrive - see this post on what needs to be done; this is one of the most requested cloud features, do something about it.
2/ It does not work on x31 without manual messing (export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${CONNECTOR_HOME}/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib in bin/env.sh) due to yet another stupid OpenSSL downgrade (OpenSSL 1.0.0n) - reported repeatedly via email, no response and nothing done
3/ Scheduling does not work because Notes Station insists on breaking my crontab over and over again - reported repeatedly via email, no response and nothing done
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
perls
New here

Post by perls »

I don't have a QNAP but plan to get one as soon as an official app known to work for webdav backups towards box.net is available.
So some information from QNAP around their plans for this would be interesting.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

@perls: This package works fox Box.

@paulchu: So, you ask for feedback and then don't respond... Hmmm. :(
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
perls
New here

Post by perls »

Great! And thanks, I was not able to find that information on the website.
paulchu

Post by paulchu »

Hi, doktornotor,

Thank you for the input and sorry for my late reply.

1. Confirmed that It cannot work with onedrive. We are going to do something for onedrive.
2. Will check that on x31.
3. Will check with. Notes station team.
stiletto
New here

Post by stiletto »

paulchu wrote:Hi, Is there anyone using WebDAV for cloud backup? There are many online drives that support WebDAV, and many of them offer free space. Does this App works for you, and is there any suggestion? We would like to hear from you!
Hello, I would like to test webdav. But the link to download the qpkg does not work. please fix the link

regards,
isaak
New here

Post by isaak »

paulchu wrote:Hi, doktornotor,

Thank you for the input and sorry for my late reply.

1. Confirmed that It cannot work with onedrive. We are going to do something for onedrive.
2. Will check that on x31.
3. Will check with. Notes station team.
Hello,

Have you in the meantime done anything for the onedrive support?
I keep getting "Cloud storage authentication failed." when I try to create an account.
I use WebDAV 1.1.371 and the server URL I enter is in the form:

Code: Select all

https://d.docs.live.net/<my_CID>
The WebDAV.log shows:
2016-02-08 11:04:20,428 PID:11141 webdavconnector.py:442 cc ERROR test account fail
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./package/src/shared/bin/connector/webdavconnector.py", line 439, in test_account
File "./package/src/shared/python-lib/easywebdav/client.py", line 392, in ls
File "./package/src/shared/python-lib/easywebdav/client.py", line 381, in _ls
File "./package/src/shared/python-lib/easywebdav/client.py", line 267, in _send
OperationFailed: Failed to list directory "".
URL : https://d.docs.live.net:443/<my_cid>/
Operation : PROPFIND
Expected code : 207 UNKNOWN, 301 Moved Permanently
Actual code : 200 OK
2016-02-08 11:04:20,600 PID:11141 commandmgr.py:251 cc ERROR (ConnectorAuthenticationError(...), -2002, 'of cloud storage authentication error. Please check your account settings')
File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/cgi/commandmgr.py", line 245, in do_command
File "./package/src/shared/bin/qnap/cgi/commandmgr.py", line 1054, in cmd_test_account
File "./package/src/shared/bin/connector/webdavconnector.py", line 443, in test_account
ConnectorAuthenticationError: (ConnectorAuthenticationError(...), -2002, 'of cloud storage authentication error. Please check your account settings')

Am I using wrong server URL or there is some incompatibility of WebDAV app with OneDrive?

Regards,
Isaak
thomas9999
First post

Post by thomas9999 »

Hello

after several hours with testing I just got WebDAV to connect to a Strato Hidrive (German).

Here are my tips:

1.) don't use a Password with a comma in it, maybe even try with a username without comma or hypen
2.) make sure there is no other connection to your web drive open if provider only allowed one connection (took me 1 hour to find this)
3.) my URL is like this: http://webdav.hidrive.strato.com/users/itfdata
The path after the hostname points to a folder where I am allowed to create directories and files. If i omit this I get the same error
like you did.

But now, when starting a job, no directorys are create and following error is shown in log
(Seems that the server sends an answer that WebDAV did not expect.
Is there a chance to get an update for WebDAV or to modify a config file to get this working ?

Regards

Thomas

2016-02-08 17:54:54,976 PID:2878 webdavconnector.py:677 cc ERROR create remote folder fail: QNAP/CloudBackup/ITFDokumente/ITF Dokumente
File "./package/src/shared/bin/connector/webdavconnector.py", line 671, in _test_and_create_folder
File "./package/src/shared/python-lib/easywebdav/client.py", line 307, in mkdirs
OperationFailed: Failed to create directory "QNAP".
URL : https://webdav.hidrive.strato.com:443/u ... fdata/QNAP
Operation : MKCOL QNAP
Expected code : 201 Created, 301 Moved Permanently, 403 Forbidden, 405 Method Not Allowed
Actual code : 200 OK
2016-02-08 17:54:54,979 PID:2878 connectorworkerthread.py:730 cc ERROR re-raise exception
File "./package/src/shared/bin/workerthread/connectorworkerthread.py", line 688, in __process_upload_task
File "./package/src/shared/bin/workerthread/connectorworkerthread.py", line 626, in __do_upload
WebDAVConnectorCreateFolderError: (WebDAVConnectorCreateFolderError(...), -2201, 'the job failed to create folder(s) on the cloud storage. Please make sure the cloud storage service is within the compatible list')
isaak
New here

Post by isaak »

Hello,

Thanks for your tips thomas9999.
I have created a new account and password, avoiding any special characters.
I have also tried with server urls that point to an existing directory, e.g. https://d.docs.live.net/<my_cid>/Public.

But I still get the exact same behavior.
Interestingly, the "Connect to Cloud Drive" app which is used for remote connections in the File Station works without problems.

Has anybody succeeded connecting to OneDrive with the WebDAV app? If yes, what is the form of server URL used?

Regards,
Isaak
Ploebb
New here

Post by Ploebb »

Hey,

I also had the "cannot create folder"-problem in conjunction with my own Webdav-Server (Apache2). I finally solved it by using the Hybrid Backup Sync - Beta -App

I assume this will replace the webdav-app when out of beta (?)

I hope it helps somebody.

Return to “WebDAV-based Backup”