Best use of dual NIC

IT Management Station powered by Mandriva Pulse is designed to simplify daily tasks and IT asset management for businesses of all sizes. Administrators can benefit from the IT Management Station to centralize their management of multi-OS and multi-site IT assets.
ccices
New here

Best use of dual NIC

Post by ccices »

I am looking to use the QNAP Turbo NAS with Mandriva Pulse IT Management Solution. When setting up the software I need to have DHCP configured on the QNAP 1079PRO. This looks to be the easiest solution for this software.
Currently, I have the DHCP provided from a Fortigate80C router and the Router feeds a switch with goes to the 3 PC's and the NAS.
This allows me to control the internet connection via the fortigate router.

What I would like to do is utilize the 2 NIC's on the QNAP. Have the router and internet on one IP and the 3 PC's on the other IP with the DHCP provided by the QNAP.

Is there any advantage to this type of setup? I am looking to secure the PC's from the internet and only update via the QNAP's connection and the IT management software.
If I needed to share the internet to the PC's with this configuration would it be possible?
any tips on how to set this up would be great. Also, do you think this is the best solution?

Return to “IT Management Station”