Mandriva installation issues

IT Management Station powered by Mandriva Pulse is designed to simplify daily tasks and IT asset management for businesses of all sizes. Administrators can benefit from the IT Management Station to centralize their management of multi-OS and multi-site IT assets.
thatdood
Getting the hang of things

Mandriva installation issues

Post by thatdood »

I attempted to install Mandriva Pulse on my 670 but ran I to issues. Optware was installed and the the Mandriva app.

According to the instructions once installed the Mandriva app should launch a configuration webpage. Unfortunately the webpage does not resolve.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times.
thatdood

Re: Mandriva installation issues

Post by thatdood »

Ok I finally got everything installed and the configuration webpage works now. I'm stuck at one of the checks which is "connect network interface". I have all 4 interfaces up and running using LACP. Can anyone tell me if this may be causing the issue?
AnatomicJC
Starting out

Post by AnatomicJC »

Hi,

I think LACP is not supported. Deactivate and retry.
japex
Know my way around

Post by japex »

Im also having problems installing Mandriva Pulse.

The configuration manager says that im using an external DHCP Server.
And it says that I need to configure the PXE on my external DHCP server.

But im using my router as DHCP server.

How do i configure PXE on my router? I dont even know whats PXE.

Thanks
JapeX
---------------------
QNAP 559 Pro II
QNAP 859 Pro
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

japex wrote:Im also having problems installing Mandriva Pulse.

Thanks
Kind of difficult to help with this if you don't tell us any information about the Router! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your NAS already has a TFTP Server on it, but you need the DHCP server on your network to tell your "client machines" where to access the TFTP Server. For my Router, I simply added the following line to the dnsmasq.conf file on the Router:

Code: Select all

dhcp-boot=pxelinux.0,nasty2,10.77.13.145
This directive, tells PXE clients on my network to access my TFTP Server on my NAS "nasty2" located at 10.77.13.145/24 on my network.
My Router uses "DNSmasq", so for me it was relatively easy to implement.

Check your undisclosed Router documentation to see how to configure the "PXE Boot Server" for your network. Also check out the "TFTP Server" documentation in the QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual (Home) v4.1.

I haven't changed my PXE/TFTP settings on my NAS in years, so I can't help you very much with this. I have however posted multiple messages to this Forum on the subject, so please use the "Advanced search" function of the Forum system to find pre-existing messages for search keyword: "PXE"

The "Advanced search" function of the Forum is located at the top right corner of every page of this Forum for your searching convenience.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
AnatomicJC
Starting out

Post by AnatomicJC »

Hi japex,

To configure pxe part on your dhcp server, you have to set 2 params:

next-server: IP of your QNAP
filename: /bootloader/pxe_boot

If your router cannot set these params, use QNAP dhcp service and deactivate your router's dhcp.
Hi, I'm one of Mandriva Pulse developers. Maybe I can help you with QNAP IT Management Station :-)
japex
Know my way around

Post by japex »

pwilson wrote:

Thanks
Kind of difficult to help with this if you don't tell us any information about the Router! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your NAS already has a TFTP Server on it, but you need the DHCP server on your network to tell your "client machines" where to access the TFTP Server. For my Router, I simply added the following line to the dnsmasq.conf file on the Router:

This directive, tells PXE clients on my network to access my TFTP Server on my NAS "nasty2" located at 10.77.13.145/24 on my network.

Check your undisclosed Router documentation to see how to configure the "PXE Boot Server" for your network. Also check out the "TFTP Server" documentation in the QNAP Turbo NAS User Manual (Home) v4.1.

I haven't changed my PXE/TFTP settings on my NAS in years, so I can't help you very much with this. I have however posted multiple messages to this Forum on the subject, so please use the "Advanced search" function of the Forum system to find pre-existing messages for search keyword: "PXE"

The "Advanced search" function of the Forum is located at the top right corner of every page of this Forum for your searching convenience.

Thanks,

My Router is a Draytek 2920n.
http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-2920

Does it help?
JapeX
---------------------
QNAP 559 Pro II
QNAP 859 Pro
japex
Know my way around

Post by japex »

pwilson wrote:

Thanks

Thanks,

My Router is a Draytek 2920n.
http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/business/vigor-2920

Does it help?
JapeX
---------------------
QNAP 559 Pro II
QNAP 859 Pro
AnatomicJC
Starting out

Post by AnatomicJC »

Maybe this link can help: http://www.draytek.com/index.php?option ... 93&lang=en

In pxe case, you have to configure options 66 and 67. I wrote about these options previously.
Hi, I'm one of Mandriva Pulse developers. Maybe I can help you with QNAP IT Management Station :-)
thatdood

Post by thatdood »

AnatomicJC wrote:Hi,

I think LACP is not supported. Deactivate and retry.
Yes I had to break LACP on 2 of the 4 NIC's to get it working.
thx
grudi
Starting out

Post by grudi »

thatdood wrote:Ok I finally got everything installed and the configuration webpage works now. I'm stuck at one of the checks which is "connect network interface". I have all 4 interfaces up and running using LACP. Can anyone tell me if this may be causing the issue?
Hi I had the same issue with the configuration webpage. How did you resolve it?
QNAP TS-653D w/ 4 * Seagate IronWolf ST4000VN008 (RAID5), 1 * WD60EFRX-68L0BN1 - 5 Volumes, 2 Storage Pools, 1 NVMe PCIe SSD for Cache Acceleration (r/o), QNAP DUAL M.2 PCIE SSD EXPANSION CARD - FW: QTS 5.0.0 1891
AnatomicJC
Starting out

Post by AnatomicJC »

Bond interfaces are supported now, did you try with new installer available in App Center ?

Return to “IT Management Station”