Unfortunate installation - how to remove IT Mgmt Station

IT Management Station powered by Mandriva Pulse is designed to simplify daily tasks and IT asset management for businesses of all sizes. Administrators can benefit from the IT Management Station to centralize their management of multi-OS and multi-site IT assets.
HMVindahl
Starting out

Unfortunate installation - how to remove IT Mgmt Station

Post by HMVindahl »

I currently running IT Management Station on two QNAPs TS-269 PRO and TS-469 PRO.

Since I have found that the use of the package is somewhat more complicated than I had expected from the guides I have read I would now like to remove the software from my QNAPs.

Unfortunately I have been unable to find any descriptions on how to remove the installation and all folders created by the IT management station.

All help will be appreciated!

Henrik
pwilson
Guru

Re: Unfortunate installation - how to remove IT Mgmt Station

Post by pwilson »

HMVindahl wrote:I currently running IT Management Station on two QNAPs TS-269 PRO and TS-469 PRO.

Since I have found that the use of the package is somewhat more complicated than I had expected from the guides I have read I would now like to remove the software from my QNAPs.

Unfortunately I have been unable to find any descriptions on how to remove the installation and all folders created by the IT management station.

All help will be appreciated!

Henrik
Find it in the App Center, and click the "Remove" button.

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
HMVindahl
Starting out

Post by HMVindahl »

Thx Patrick,

I already tried to "disable" the app and then remove it, but all folders remain.

I had to remove them all manually.

Thx again for your prompt reply.

Cheers,

Henrik
pwilson
Guru

Post by pwilson »

HMVindahl wrote:Thx Patrick,

I already tried to "disable" the app and then remove it, but all folders remain.

I had to remove them all manually.

Thx again for your prompt reply.

Cheers,

Henrik
Can't help with so little information provided. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following

Patrick M. Wilson
Victoria, BC Canada
QNAP TS-470 Pro w/ 4 * Western Digital WD30EFRX WD Reds (RAID5) - - Single 8.1TB Storage Pool FW: QTS 4.2.0 Build 20151023 - Kali Linux v1.06 (64bit)
Forums: View My Profile - Search My Posts - View My Photo - View My Location - Top Community Posters
QNAP: Turbo NAS User Manual - QNAP Wiki - QNAP Tutorials - QNAP FAQs

Please review: When you're asking a question, please include the following.
Carpe_Diem_Rj
Getting the hang of things

Post by Carpe_Diem_Rj »

Hello i would like to know if i can install it mgmt station on my 509 pro qnap? When it will be available for this qnap?
AnatomicJC
Starting out

Post by AnatomicJC »

Hi, you have to upgrade your qnap firmware to 4.1 version : http://www.qnap.com/i/en/product_x_down ... .php?II=54
Hi, I'm one of Mandriva Pulse developers. Maybe I can help you with QNAP IT Management Station :-)
xtv
Know my way around

Post by xtv »

Hello,
I've been trying the package too, and I incurred in the same issue during uninstall (didn't even run it once as it requires the DHPC on the has to be active, which really does not match with my network design, thus I decided to remove it and move on).

For the records:

Basically, uninstall from the QNAP web-admin did complete.
However about 90MB of data remained in the NAS under /share/MD0_DATA/pulse2 after that plus a number of shares (including: "computers", "imaging", "isos", "masters", "packages", "postinst" and "pulse") created by the installation script.

Side note: after the uninstall process, I wasn't able to login to the NAS via ssh with an error like:

Code: Select all

$ ssh admin@qnap.intranet
PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
Connection to qnap.intranet closed by remote host.
Connection to qnap.intranet closed.
$
I imagine this is probably due to installation/uninstallation scripts logging in /var or somewhere directly in "/", which it should be something to avoid in Qnap as "/" is very small partition!! (typically with some 16MB free after boot)
Anyway, this issue is easily solved with a reboot (which restores the "/" partition from scratch).

After that I had to manually remove the remaining shares and data.

Question:
Anyone knows if there is there any other leftover data I should take care to remove in order to move back to the pre-install state?

Thanks,
S.
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

xtv wrote: Question:
Anyone knows if there is there any other leftover data I should take care to remove in order to move back to the pre-install state?
:arrow: http://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
xtv
Know my way around

Post by xtv »

doktornotor wrote:
:arrow: http://helpdesk.qnap.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
I take it as "no"... :wink:
doktornotor
Ask me anything

Post by doktornotor »

xtv wrote: I take it as "no"... :wink:
Obviously the amount of people willing to install apparently untested broken junk only to find out what garbage and damage is left after uninstall is close to zero. QNAP's QA seems to be virtually nonexistent. :roll:
I'm gone from this forum till QNAP stop wasting volunteers' time. Get help from QNAP helpdesk instead.
Warning: offensive signature and materials damaging QNAP reputation follow:
QNAP's FW security issues
QNAP's hardware compatibility list madness
QNAP's new logo competition
Dear QNAP, kindly fire your clueless incompetent forum "admin" And while at it, don't forget the webmaster!
xtv
Know my way around

Post by xtv »

For the records:
Found another bit - in the standard web dir remains a pulse2 directory (empty).

BTW, the question above is still open if anyone wants to add something.

Cheers,
S.
QNAPJauss
QNAP Staff

Post by QNAPJauss »

Hi,

Those folder are not removed on purpose : "computers", "imaging", "isos", "masters", "packages", "postinst" and "pulse"
This is to avoid data loss in case of any use remove the QPKG by mistake.

It is not necessary to remove everything if you want to install again.

However, to "restart" from a pre-install state :
- remove those folders
- For MySQL : during the configuration wizard of pulse, there is an option to "reset the database". This option will clean the existing Pulse database in MySQL. (you could also reinitilize all MySQL from the NAS UI, but this will delete all existing database in MySQL. )

BR,
Jauss
cbragwel
Starting out

Post by cbragwel »

I uninstalled Mandriva and then had to SSH into the NAS to delete all the folders that were left behind. However, when I reboot my NAS, the folders come back. Anyone else dealing with this?

Return to “IT Management Station”