Mandriva listens to you

IT Management Station powered by Mandriva Pulse is designed to simplify daily tasks and IT asset management for businesses of all sizes. Administrators can benefit from the IT Management Station to centralize their management of multi-OS and multi-site IT assets.
mandrivaSA
Starting out

Mandriva listens to you

Post by mandrivaSA »

Hi dear QNAP community,

it's been quite a while since we launched the ITMS back in June. We have had quite a few positive feedbacks from you, but also seen and heard that a part of the community has had issues with the installation of the product.

We're already working very hard to ease the download, setup and usage of the ITMS, but would like, before releasing the new version, to hear your voice.

Who's ready to share her / his experience with the installation and configuration of the ITMS?

Please post here and we'll get back to you next week. We really want to make your experience with this product unforgettable!

Thanks a lot for your help!

Mandriva
spACEj
First post

Re: Mandriva listens to you

Post by spACEj »

Hey Mandriva,

...a really good idea to provide the "IT Management Station" on QNAP NAS systems!

>Who's ready to share her / his experience with the installation and configuration of the ITMS?
What I found so far with the installation is that....

(1) the app Installation takes really long (>15min)

(2) the pre-inst check script (/mmc/conf/checking.php) is not able to detect
trunked nic interfaces on my qnap system. The script is only checking
the nics eth0-eth3 but is missing the interfaces bond0 and bond1.

I would be really glad to see support for port trunking! :-)

Kind regards,

spACEj
mandrivaSA
Starting out

Post by mandrivaSA »

Dear spACEj,

many thanks for your feedback. The ITMS is a pretty big piece of software, about 600 MB of data get transferred. We've however streamlined the installation, so that the only bottlneck will be - if any - the ability of the client (aka your QNAP NAS) to download that amount of data.

Regarding the bond0 and bond1 interfaces, this has been forwarded to the development team in order to be included by the next release, which will be ready for testing by QNAP next week.

Thanks again for your feedback, hoping to serve you better by the next release.

Mandriva SA
FourCandles
Starting out

Post by FourCandles »

Managed to install but stuck on the configuration screen:

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:81/mmc/conf/configure.php

If I ssh into the box and ps for mmc I get these entries:

17255 admin 1180 S /bin/sh /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/MandrivaPulse/root/usr/share/mmc/conf/qnapnotify.sh /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/smb.conf /mnt/HDA_ROOT/.config/uLinux.conf /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/MandrivaPulse/root/usr/share/mmc/conf/pathsmb.conf /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/MandrivaPulse/root/usr/share/mmc/conf/pathuLinux.conf /
28227 admin 560 S /bin/sh -c /usr/sbin/pulse2-package-server-register-imaging -m https://mmc:s3cr3t@127.0.0.1:7080 --check
28228 admin 18032 S /usr/bin/python /usr/sbin/pulse2-package-server-register-imaging -m https://mmc:s3cr3t@127.0.0.1:7080 --check

Not sure if it's still doing some config but it's been running for about 20 minutes.

Any ideas?
TS-439 Pro II 4.1.3 b0408
FourCandles
Starting out

Post by FourCandles »

Wondering of you're still listening
FourCandles
Starting out

Post by FourCandles »

So I've entered some URLs local to my machine in an attempt to see if there's anything there and got to the activation screen. I created an account on Mandriva and logged in to QNAP Pulse but got the message "Unable to reach mmc-agent, call your support" when I put in the correct credentials.

The mysql database tables have been created but I don't know if there's anything else I can check.

Help?
FourCandles
Starting out

Post by FourCandles »

And on the MMC login page http://xxx.xxx.xxx:81/mmc/ I get this:

Can't connect to MMC agent
MMC agent seems to be down or not correctly configured.
Error: 0 -

Has anyone got this running?
FourCandles
Starting out

Post by FourCandles »

mandrivaSA wrote:Please post here and we'll get back to you next week. We really want to make your experience with this product unforgettable!
Unforgettable, but not in a good way.
Share4Down
Starting out

Post by Share4Down »

Chent wrote:Hello,

I installed and subsequently removed the IT Management Station, and I have found that folders from the installation are still appearing in the File Station.

The folders names are:

- computers
- imaging
- isos
- masters
- packages
- postinst

I can log in to the NAS via SFTP and delete the folders under /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA, and the symlinks under /share, however when I reboot the system the symlinks to the folders reappear.

Thank you.

Can you please assist in removing the folders?

Same problem :

Please Mandriva, how to remove those folders ?

Enviado do meu GT-I9505 através de Tapatalk
QNAP-TS 470 Pro FW QTS 4.1.1 20140924, QNAP TS-569 Pro FW 3.8.5
mandrivaSA
Starting out

Post by mandrivaSA »

Dear all,

thanks to those who provided information about the installation issues. This information is very valuable and we've a new package ready, awaiting QNAP's validation and help on one particular point, in order to ease the setup. In short: the installation process will be massively more verbose with a proper progress bar and as few questions as possible for the configuration. Our marketing will get back about the small issues encountered tomorrow.

Kind regards

Mandriva SA.

NB: please use this thread for installation issues and feedback only, as it was the initial subject (listening to you to get an overview over the issues encountered). We'll still monitor the other threads and try to help whenever possible, but please understand that free support cannot be guaranteed.
mandrivaSA
Starting out

Post by mandrivaSA »

Chent wrote:Hello,

I installed and subsequently removed the IT Management Station, and I have found that folders from the installation are still appearing in the File Station.

The folders names are:

- computers
- imaging
- isos
- masters
- packages
- postinst

I can log in to the NAS via SFTP and delete the folders under /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA, and the symlinks under /share, however when I reboot the system the symlinks to the folders reappear.

Thank you.

Can you please assist in removing the folders?
Dear Chent,

You just have to go to shared folder management of your QNAP NAS, then simply remove these shares:

redghost
Starting out

Post by redghost »

I've only just looked at Mandriva so I am not sure if the update mentioned above has appeared, but I do know I can't get it to work with port trunking applied. Does anyone know if the port trunking issue has been resolved and I have done something else wrong or alternatively does someone know if it is going to get resolved?

Thanks

Red
mandrivaSA
Starting out

Post by mandrivaSA »

Dear redghost,

Port trunking issue should be resolved on next release.

Best regards,
D_A_V_Y_E
New here

Post by D_A_V_Y_E »

Hello,

I installed mandriva and uninstalled it. and have the same problem with the folders i can't see the folders under managment shared folders.
Please help me how to delete the folders.
i can get in my qnap with putty what must i do fix the problem (please step by step)

thank you
AnatomicJC
Starting out

Post by AnatomicJC »

D_A_V_Y_E wrote:i can't see the folders under managment shared folders.
Please help me how to delete the folders.
Hi D_A_V_Y_E,

If you don't see any folders in Shared Folder, please explain how we can tell you to delete folders you don't have ?

:'

Where are these folders ?

Best regards,
Hi, I'm one of Mandriva Pulse developers. Maybe I can help you with QNAP IT Management Station :-)

Return to “IT Management Station”