Unable to sync Google Shared Folders to local NAS

2wired
First post

Unable to sync Google Shared Folders to local NAS

Post by 2wired » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:25 am

Hi folks, sorry for the new thread but I've been unable to find any answers through trawling.

I need to be able to sync contents of a shared google drive folder with my TVS-1282 64bit NAS.

HBS3 doesn't drill down into Shared Folders via Cloud Services.
I've mounted the shared folder to my mac mini via Google Drive Stream, and then used Hybrid Mount to connect to that share as a remote device, it also accesses my main Google Drive find but will not connect to the "Shared Drives" folder.

Cloud Drive Sync seemed to be the way to go but its not available in my AppCenter, from what I've been able to tell it was only available for 32bit and ARM architectures. Tried two versions of the 32bit that had been linked elsewhere in this forum but neither will auth via Google account.

Any other suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

lunamonkey
First post

Re: Unable to sync Google Shared Folders to local NAS

Post by lunamonkey » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Hi there, sorry to bump an old thread.

I have found this same issue today, and I am sure that it was working earlier this year. I think that this is a change on Google Drive (web version) side of things.

When adding a shared folder, the interface used to say "Add to my drive", and now the wording is "Add shortcut to my drive". So there's a subtle difference. Perhaps this change has lead to Qnap not being able to interate down the shortcut in the same way.

I will try making / adding some in the desktop client to check things over.

Good luck.

Edit : See here : https://www.reddit.com/r/google/comment ... ed_to_add/

pp105
First post

Re: Unable to sync Google Shared Folders to local NAS

Post by pp105 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:47 am

Hello,

I've got exactly the same issue. I'm trying to synchronise (copy from) Google Drive into local QNAP NAS (TS-253Be). I'm able to do this only for files/folders in My Drive, but not for any folders shared with me, which is what I need to do. I've been trying to create a shortcut from the shared folder to My Drive, but then it is only copying a .glink file, not the content of the shared folder.

I would appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or other ways of achieving this? Many thanks in advance.

Return to “Google Cloud Storage”