"unknown error" and "bucket not empty"

fabien.gagne
New here

"unknown error" and "bucket not empty"

Post by fabien.gagne »

Hi,

I've just installed GCS 1.1.330 (2015/02/05) and could not even start to use it.

Trying to configure a backup job.
I get "unknown error" as soon as I reach the "Configure cloud" screen (step 6), then click on Ok.

Then I get the "bucket not empty error" whatever I try.
My account is programmed with a single project containing a single bucket, empty, of type Nearline. Whether I try to specify this name or a new name, no matter the name I specify in the "folder" box, whether I click on the "test" button first or not, whether I check the "DRA" box, I always get the same result: bucket not empty error.

I have attached a log file.

I really need a cloud backup solution, that's why I bought this box for.
Thanks for your help.

Fab.

PS The forum's Upload Attachment feature does not work. I've stored my attachements here instead: http://goo.gl/3FLpK1
per123456789
First post

Re: "unknown error" and "bucket not empty"

Post by per123456789 »

I have this exact problem. The Google cloud Service feature is my main reason for buying the NAS, and I will have to return it, if I don't find a resolution on a few days :(

TS-231
GCS 1.1.330 (2015/02/05)
paulchu

Post by paulchu »

Hi,

Very sorry for the troubles caused. Please contact QNAP helpdesk for resolving the problems or for any support. We will provide you either workarounds using the existed version, or a new version if a fix is available.
fabien.gagne
New here

Post by fabien.gagne »

Just to keep everyone in touch, I've been told that Google have phased-oud an API that the app was using. So the design team is busy rewriting the app.
fabien.gagne
New here

Post by fabien.gagne »

Tech support told me that their Google Cloud Service application using the new API should be included in the QTS 4.2.0 official release. No date have been committed yet.

So no backup whatsoever for me until then...
paulchu

Post by paulchu »

Hi, the CloudBackup QPKG Google Cloud Storage have been using the latest Google Cloud API, so it is not affected. And Google Cloud Storage is an object storage service, similar to Amazon Web Service Simple Storage Service (S3), and NOT Google Drive (which is similar to Amazon Cloud Drive).
fabien.gagne
New here

Post by fabien.gagne »

I have been provided with a beta version GCS 1.1.345 that I tried last week. Unfortunately, it still does the same error.
I am totally unable to backup to Google Cloud Service. Awaiting further input from tech support.
scott_aus
New here

Post by scott_aus »

In exactly the same boat. Think I'm going to go with Glacier instead unless this gets resolved soon.
fabien.gagne
New here

Post by fabien.gagne »

Its now all good for me.

QNAP tech support found the issue. We don't know exactly why, but starting an NEW API project on Google Cloud Service fixed my issue. The first project what was created by default when I originally signed up for GCS had an issue with QNAP backup app.

My backup have been going for the last few days, no issue.
thewonderer73
Starting out

Post by thewonderer73 »

Hi,

I have just got my ts-431 and setup a google cloud storage account with Nearline.

I have created the account successfully in QNAP 4.2.1 and it has picked up my bucket names but when i select a folder it says it's not empty. I've created new buckets and folders but still the same error.

How can this be resolved?

Thanks.
thewonderer73
Starting out

Post by thewonderer73 »

OK.... got it working.

In step 6 of 9 where there is a field for Folder i thought you needed a folder in your bucket. This is not true. The bucket must be empty, even of folders.
Then there is in step 8 of 9 a job field name. Now it was red but it would be good if it warned you that it has not special characters for the job name ...

So it's starting up now. Horray!

Return to “Google Cloud Storage”