Most reliable way to sync Qnap to Google drive?

cameronjpu
New here

Most reliable way to sync Qnap to Google drive?

Post by cameronjpu »

My client has a Qnap that I did not set up, but I'm trying to troubleshoot. The long and short of it is that they have a folder with hundreds of thousands of files/folders, and 100 GB of data, that they are syncing to Google drive using the Cloud Drive Sync app. Some of that syncing works perfectly - for instance when I came on site this morning and created a test file in the root folder, it synced instantly and was on Google drive. However, a document in deep subfolder (3 levels down) has not synced, five days later. The log for Cloud Drive Sync shows actually nothing in the past 10 days - nothing since Sept 21. Not even the successful syncing of some files, which does happen as it did this morning.

Problem obviously is that if they cannot count on the sync with Google happening reliably, it might as well not be happening at all. The reason they want this to work, as opposed to using the myQnapCloud for instance, is because at one point, the internet connection at their office where the server lives was unreliable. So when it went down, all work stopped. Having the data synced to Google drive meant they could continue working at those times.

So, my question is, is Cloud Drive sync the best tool for accomplishing this task? If so, then what's going wrong? If not, what is better? Someone has suggested Hybrid Cloud Backup. As you can imagine, with 100 GB of data, changing from one horse to another is not an easy task.

Thanks for any help!
cameronjpu
New here

Re: Most reliable way to sync Qnap to Google drive?

Post by cameronjpu »

Anyone?
mk4176
New here

Re: Most reliable way to sync Qnap to Google drive?

Post by mk4176 »

Same troubles here. :roll:
More than that.. It's not showing as a background running task :cry:
M.K.

Return to “Google Cloud Storage”