"failed because the folder name is not available"

dadotech
New here

"failed because the folder name is not available"

Post by dadotech »

Hi there,

I had a regular nightly backup setup that went smoothly for months up to the 10/07/2016

starting from 10/10/2016 it started reporting "Backup job [..] is abnormally shutdown. Please try again."

on the 23/01/2017 I updated to GoogleCloudStorage 1.1.413
this resulted in a change of error reported: "Backup job [..]failed because the folder name is not available"

It turns out, the error, appears to have been caused by credit card having expired and payments not gone trough in October.
Now I I updated all the payment methods and the 'Google Cloud Platform' side appears all in order with first payments going trough.

But the error persists.

- Checking the 'Cloud' settings in 'Edit Backup Job' is possible to load list of available folders in the bucket, suggesting API credentials are fine.
- Trough 'Google Cloud Platform' web front I am able to upload data into the bucket suggesting writing into the bucket should not be an issue.

update:
- I am able to run another pre-existent smaller backup job pointing to a different root folder.
- I am able to restore data successfully from the troubled destination of the failing backup.

did anyone encounter this insistent "failed because the folder name is not available" error before?
what would be the best next move?

Daniele.
cwingard
New here

Re: "failed because the folder name is not available"

Post by cwingard »

I also get these same errors, and I am unable to determine a direct cause. I have 5 backup jobs where two complete successfully, but three fail with "backup job failed because the folder name is not available."

I got in touch with QNAP support but wasn't able to come up with anything. I'm going to keep scouring the boards...
DanielUK
Starting out

Re: "failed because the folder name is not available"

Post by DanielUK »

I updated from GoogleCloudStorage 1.2.414 and firmware 4.3.3.0238(20170703) to GCS 1.2.420 and firmware 4.3.3.0262(20170727) yesterday, and I get the same "[GoogleCloudStorage] Backup job [name] failed because the bucket name is not available (not empty). Please select another one" error message when GCS runs now

The backup jobs ran OK until today's!

Did you find anything while scouring?

Return to “Google Cloud Storage”