Cloud Drive Sync can't copy google doc files?

wkearney99
Know my way around

Cloud Drive Sync can't copy google doc files?

Post by wkearney99 »

I've got a Cloud Drive Sync job set up to sync a folder on my TVS-671 to a folder on a google drive.

Everything works with the exception of any google doc files. Nothing ending in .gsheet, .gdoc or .gdraw gets sync'd from the google drive to the local QNAP folder. It gives me the warning "Cloud storage service cannot create the file"

"2920","Warning","2018-08-08","16:00:57","admin","127.0.0.1","localhost","[CloudDriveSync] (Sync) job [/projects/foldername<->gmailuser google drive (Google Drive):/projects/foldername] cannot upload file names.gsheet: Cloud storage service cannot create the file."

I'm temporarily working around this by putting ".gdoc,.gsheet,.gdraw" into the Others textbox of the Filters setup for exception. This, at least, silences the errors by skipping the files.

When I look at the contents of the QNAP local files they appear to contain just a URL to the online document, not the actual document contents.

I'm guessing this is a "bug but not a bug" kind of problem? That is, google doc files are expected to be online, not 'saved locally'?
--Bill

TVS-671 G3250 (for now)
wkearney99
Know my way around

Re: Cloud Drive Sync can't copy google doc files?

Post by wkearney99 »

OH CRAP!

If you move one of the google docs on the local folder and re-run the sync job IT DELETES THE ONLINE ORIGINAL.

I had a file on /projects/foldername/document.gsheet. I moved it to /projects/foldername/gdocs/ and re-ran the sync job.

IT DELETED the original on the google drive!

And it didn't just put in in the trash, nope IT'S GONE.

WTH?
--Bill

TVS-671 G3250 (for now)
roaringstorm
First post

Post by roaringstorm »

I had a similar problem on four .gsheet files. Three of them were untitled empty spreadsheets so I removed them.

The last one was a legit doc so I opened it up in Google Docs and did a File | Make a copy... this fixed Cloud Drive Sync's inability to process the .gsheet: both the original .gsheet and the copy. It's possible the same fix could have been attained if I just updated the spreadsheet rather than make a copy. <shrug>
danielgarza
Starting out

Post by danielgarza »

Same problem here, any fix for this?
dpetr00qnp
New here

Post by dpetr00qnp »

I am trying an exclude file type as a workaround: .gdoc,.gsheet,.gslides,.gdraw,.gtable,.gform

Return to “Google Cloud Storage”