Unable to sync Google Shared Folders to local NAS

2wired
First post

Unable to sync Google Shared Folders to local NAS

Post by 2wired »

Hi folks, sorry for the new thread but I've been unable to find any answers through trawling.

I need to be able to sync contents of a shared google drive folder with my TVS-1282 64bit NAS.

HBS3 doesn't drill down into Shared Folders via Cloud Services.
I've mounted the shared folder to my mac mini via Google Drive Stream, and then used Hybrid Mount to connect to that share as a remote device, it also accesses my main Google Drive find but will not connect to the "Shared Drives" folder.

Cloud Drive Sync seemed to be the way to go but its not available in my AppCenter, from what I've been able to tell it was only available for 32bit and ARM architectures. Tried two versions of the 32bit that had been linked elsewhere in this forum but neither will auth via Google account.

Any other suggestions? Many thanks in advance.
lunamonkey
New here

Re: Unable to sync Google Shared Folders to local NAS

Post by lunamonkey »

Hi there, sorry to bump an old thread.

I have found this same issue today, and I am sure that it was working earlier this year. I think that this is a change on Google Drive (web version) side of things.

When adding a shared folder, the interface used to say "Add to my drive", and now the wording is "Add shortcut to my drive". So there's a subtle difference. Perhaps this change has lead to Qnap not being able to interate down the shortcut in the same way.

I will try making / adding some in the desktop client to check things over.

Good luck.

Edit : See here : https://www.reddit.com/r/google/comment ... ed_to_add/
pp105
First post

Post by pp105 »

Hello,

I've got exactly the same issue. I'm trying to synchronise (copy from) Google Drive into local QNAP NAS (TS-253Be). I'm able to do this only for files/folders in My Drive, but not for any folders shared with me, which is what I need to do. I've been trying to create a shortcut from the shared folder to My Drive, but then it is only copying a .glink file, not the content of the shared folder.

I would appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or other ways of achieving this? Many thanks in advance.
Mathiasc
New here

Post by Mathiasc »

Hey, one more bump for the thread,
I have exactly the same issue as pp105, is there no news on this issue? It has been a while since Google changed the behavior.
NAS Information:
TVS-463
Firmware: 4.3.4.0537
4 Disks, Raid 10
CrouchIT
First post

Post by CrouchIT »

And another bump. We are using RClone to copy from Google Gsuite Drive - Shared Folders to DropBox. Running out of space, so it would be great to pull from the Shared Drives to our humble TS 451.

i.e. one-way: Drives -> QNAP NAS

Active Sync in HBS3 seems like the tool ... but stuck like the OP. Is it possible? Any advice welcome!
jfraser
New here

Post by jfraser »

I'd just like to add that my Cloud Drive Sync stopped being able to sync up to google drive today. It is experiencing an "unknown error" and doesn't seem to have any further details in the log. It had been working fine until today.
BelgianNoise
Starting out

Post by BelgianNoise »

so do we have a solution by now? cause this kind of fcked up
Strontium00
Starting out

Post by Strontium00 »

Same problem here. I'm attempting to set up a 2-way sync via HBS 3. The target is a G Drive shared folder which I'm not the owner of. It just doesn't show up on the HBS directory tree when setting up the sync.
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

Have you opened a call?
I use HBS3 to Google Drive and it works fine but only as a one way backup TO the cloud.
rowtor
First post

Post by rowtor »

Hello. Has anyone found a solution to this? I'm new to QNAP and just set up a server for a friend. They want to have a second copy of their shared folders from Google Drive on the NAS. Using HBS, I can connect to Google drive, but can only see "My Drive". Shared drives are not visible. They are from within the account. Tried switching the Google account to admin with no luck. Is there something else you need to do to get this to work? Thanks in advance.
oberbula
New here

Post by oberbula »

Tried it yesterday via HB3, but the sync runs through without transfering any data from my Google Drive to my QNAP NAS. In the past with Cloud Drive Sync it worked without any problem.s
spile
Been there, done that

Post by spile »

oberbula wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:12 pm Tried it yesterday via HB3, but the sync runs through without transfering any data from my Google Drive to my QNAP NAS. In the past with Cloud Drive Sync it worked without any problem.s
Did you open a call? What was the response from Qnap?
oberbula
New here

Post by oberbula »

No i did not open a call. I realized the sync direction was completely wrong and the NAS Sync Job deleted all my files on my Google Drive. Had to restore everything via Google trash bin. 😵

Return to “Google Cloud Storage”