NAS & QTS inaccessible

Q'center app, Helpdesk app
Brendan777
First post

NAS & QTS inaccessible

Post by Brendan777 »

Hi,

Not a tech person but trying to set up a NAS DIY, so I hope I am explaining my problem correctly. I have a TS-251B with a hard disk installed in only one of the drives. I recently moved and while in my previous residence, I've set up a static IP for the NAS. When I booted up my NAS in the new place, the old IP (192.168.0.50) doesn't work and somehow it's using a new one (192.168.31.133). As the drive that I've mapped in my computer doesn't work any more, I removed it and remapped it to the new IP, saw that it's working and didn't think too much of it.

Yesterday, when I was moving my desk, I've pulled off the power cord by accident, there wasn't any physical damage to the NAS but when I booted up the mapped drive wasn't working again. Qfinder pro wasn't able to see the NAS either, so I rebooted it and was able to see it again in Qfinder Pro. However, I went into online platform (I think it's called QTS) and saw that all of the icons have disappeared except two (forgot what those 2 were). The problem now is that after rebooting the computer and NAS again, I can't even access it via QTS. The NAS still appears in Qfinder but going to QTS I'd receive the message "192.168.31.133 refused to connect". I also can't map the NAS to that IP, I'd receive the message "Windows cannot access [IP address]".

Some of the things I've already checked or done after doing some research online: enabled all SMB, NAS appears in the router and have been set to a static IP, went into Qfinder Pro -> configuration -> Network Setting and set it to static IP as well.

Not sure what else I can do and would really appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,
Brendan
dolbyman
Guru

Re: NAS & QTS inaccessible

Post by dolbyman »

reset the NAS (3 sec) to give it a DHCP IP. (password will be reset as well)

Then try Qfinder (or DHCP Server UI) to find the NAS and connect to it

Don't set static IP's if you are not controlling your network (e.g. know what IP ranges are set, setting static IP outside of DHCP scope, etc)
modernageplastics
First post

Re: NAS & QTS inaccessible

Post by modernageplastics »

We have deployed 2 different QNAPs & over the past 3 years EVERY time we deploy a new Windows 10 Pro, & recently a windows 2019 Std server to the network, unless the computer has SMB 1 installed & active we are unable to connect using the standard \\QNAP-IP or \\QNAP-Name.

Initially the QNAPs were configured for SMB2/3 lowest/highest. Resolved that by making SMB 1 the lowest supported to get the full 1 to 3 range.

We have verified that the QNAPS are fully operational. The fresh windows computers refused to connect.

Installed SMB 1 on the new computers, rebooted & right away we were able to connect.

Repeatable, consistent & unacceptable!

QNAP support is blaming our network or pc config. We do not have this issue with any of the other NAS devices, no matter how old or new. They think using VM configured computers will replicate our environment, which it does not & have been slow to if uninterested in replication a newly deployed, bare metal pc to QNAP setup to test and verify.

We have actively spent a large chunk of change on a recent expansion moving away from QNAP due to the lackluster attitude.
The issue is till unresolved after being opened on 2021-08-27 .
Not right. Hope you have better luck.

Return to “NAS Management”