QNAP TS-228A inaccessible with HDDs

Don't miss a thing. Post your questions and discussion about other uncategorized NAS features here.
cosvitec
New here

QNAP TS-228A inaccessible with HDDs

Post by cosvitec »

As title, from days, my QNAP TS-228A seems to be totally inaccessible with HDDs.

I removed both HDDs and I checked them with CrystalDiskInfo, but they results to be still good. (I don't know if normal, but when I put HDDs to PC, I see multiple not openable 5 partitions E:\ F:\ G:\ H:\ I:\)

Anyway, if I start the QNAP without HDDs, it become visibile and accessible on the network, I also was able to update the firmware from 4.3.4 (2018) to 4.5.4 (2021) but this didn't solve the problem.

If I put one or both HDDs, the QNAP starts, but it's inaccessible from Web Browser, from SMB, and from Qfinder Pro also, as if it didn't exist.

Finally, I also tried to directly connect the QNAP to my PC, with a normal LAN Cable, and with a cross LAN Cable, but nothing changed.

So, I have no idea on how to proceed, it would be great to have another QNAP TS-228A and other 2 HDDs for make other tests, but I have neither of them.

Waiting for hints.

Thanks in advance.
dolbyman
Guru

Re: QNAP TS-228A inaccessible with HDDs

Post by dolbyman »

sounds like something on the disk config is busted (os is on the disks)

can you start the nas from scratch and restore from backups? (always have external backups)
cosvitec
New here

Post by cosvitec »

Unfortunately no.
AlastairStevenson
Experience counts

Post by AlastairStevenson »

sounds like something on the disk config is busted (os is on the disks)
Worth trying the 3-second and 10-second reset then.
Finally, I also tried to directly connect the QNAP to my PC, with a normal LAN Cable, and with a cross LAN Cable, but nothing changed.
Does the link detect LED illuminate on the switch port the NAS is connected to?
TS-431+ for storage and media and a bunch of IP cams under Surveillance Station. TVS-473 as files backup and QVR Pro.

Return to “Miscellaneous”